BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Looking for European timezones roleplayers and apprentices  (Read 999 times)

Offline Polvere

• View Profile
0 Show voters
So, Begeren Colony, I just had my very first IC session on this server with some members of the Jedi Custodum and they are nice players and confident roleplayers, that's assured. Now that my character made his first impression, I would like to get to know more roleplayers and start to build my roots. :)

As some of you already know I am an european player and while I find myself pretty much comfortable at playing during night-time, I would also love to find other rpers to interact with even during my afternoon or either evening.
Basicly, it's a 8 hours difference, so while the majority of roleplay on this server start to happen, over here it's about 2 a.m. As I said I've got no problem at staying up into late-night, though I would appreciate IC sessions even at much more comfortable hours. That said, I am also looking in forming bonds (yes, force bonds if possible!) with players interested in roleplaying as a group of new Jedi apprentices on their core world: Tython. That because I believe that the 'Padawan period' is very important in shaping what kind of Jedi your character would be in the end. I would like to spend much time over there pondering about the force, taking trials, compare with others. That also because I tend to take IC advancement and goals with the right time, with no rush.

So, if you're interested in that, please let me know! 

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for European timezones roleplayers and apprentices
« Reply #1 on: 11/11/13, 07:56:59 PM »
0 Show voters
I think there was SOMEBODY who said they were playing from Ireland, but I'm not sure...the majority tend to be either in North America or Australia/New Zealand (it's sort of an even split of late since the server merges, I notice).
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Yena

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11/12/13, 11:57:55 AM »
0 Show voters
Hey Polvere,

I'd be interested in RPing Padawan stuff since my main, Yena, is a Padawan. That said, let's see if our times can match up.
During the week, my game times are pretty much useless to you -- I can't be on before 8pm EST or 2am Western European time. However, on the weekend, if we arrange something ahead of time, I might be able to be on for an hour or so after 9am EST or 3pm WE time.

Otherwise, there's always forum RP!

Hope to see you around!
You are who you tell yourself you are.

Sustained, concentrated effort wins out over passion.

Offline Polvere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11/12/13, 06:37:40 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm still a mess when it comes to timezones  :umm: Let's see.

Your 9 a.m. should be my 5 p.m.
And 3 p.m. should be my 11 p.m.

That would make sense.

Your 8 p.m. should be my 4 a.m.
And your 2 a.m. should be my 10 a.m.

Well, I'm still around in night-time, so you might be able to find me when you log in the evening. Instead, it'll be very difficult that I will be online in the morning. My life has been afflicted by vampirism (Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome), especially during the winter.

Offline Yena

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11/12/13, 07:57:00 PM »
0 Show voters
Wait, are you in the Moscow time zone?

Because, my dad is in Eastern Europe (though the part of it that's still in the Wester Eu tz. go figure) and it's my time +6 hrs to get his time. But you're telling me you're in a my time +8hrs which would put you in the Moscow TZ. Correct?
You are who you tell yourself you are.

Sustained, concentrated effort wins out over passion.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11/12/13, 07:59:38 PM »
0 Show voters
[q]Well, I'm still around in night-time, so you might be able to find me when you log in the evening. Instead, it'll be very difficult that I will be online in the morning. My life has been afflicted by vampirism (Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome), especially during the winter.[/q]

Zomg!! Me too!!  Though not worse in the winter.. My DSP I mean.  Getting treatments now actually to try and correct it.

Anyway carry on!!

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Polvere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11/13/13, 06:04:52 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm rome timezone. I've calculated 8h difference supposing you're living in the weast coast.

Besides, I would like to point out something, in case it's not already sufficiently obvious:
I'm looking forward to find serious people, capable to pledge time & perseverance.

Individuals taking rp randomly and/or showing up just for the BC RP Tython night, are not going to have any rp with me.

I hope there's the will of conducting some well-planned/small-group roleplay on this particular environment, since I see a lot of randomness and disrupting people most of the times.

« Last Edit: 11/14/13, 06:24:41 PM by Polvere »

Offline Polvere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01/04/14, 09:14:02 AM »
0 Show voters
I'm going to give this thread a bump.

I will be looking for players willing to roleplay Jedi Initiates/Padawan characters on Tython. Camping, hunting, exploring, searching for secrets and Jedi lore will be the aim of this initiative. I always thought that the apprenticeship-phase of each Jedi character is vital to the Jedi you're finally going to be/becoming, plus Tython is a rich and immersive place for that to happen.

This will likely be a slow-pace process about the understanding of the basic principles standing as the fundamental teachings/interactions/confrontations about The Force, so, those players willing to flash their laser saber as soon as they could ICly, wouldnt find a welcoming attitude in exchange. With this idea I would love to build a group of Padawan learners that could go adventuring around the world besides the scheduled Tython BC Night.

Anyone interested please respond to this thread or pm my character: Anthemus.