BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Theme songs for your toons  (Read 40044 times)

Offline SquigglyV

• gayest sith everô
    • View Profile
Re: Theme songs for your toons
« Reply #300 on: 04/28/18, 09:52:01 PM »
0 Show voters
Jedi Master Qelian Saida
Theme: The Golden Cave (Guild Wars 2 OST)
Combat: Shadow of the Dragon (Guild Wars 2 OST)

Darth Nefret
Theme: Ludwig, the Accursed (Bloodborne OST)
Combat: Ludwig, the Holy Blade (Bloodborne OST)

Lord Zamara
Theme: The Nightmare Court (Guild Wars 2 OST)
Combat: Xera (Guild Wars 2 OST)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 09/15/18, 11:46:24 PM »
0 Show voters
This one isn't for me specifically, I feel like the lyrics would speak to many characters when reflecting on the past decades of cold war, hot war, and Fallen Empires;

Heaven Only Knows - Bob Moses

Sacrifice all your life
Heads hang heavy when there's blood on the line
It's justified, don't ask why
'Cause heaven only knows

Paradise on the other side
Won't you suffer for the angels to fly?
Paralyzed, don't you cry
'Cause heaven only knows

Sacrifice, don't think twice
Wear your faith as you roll in the skies
It's justified, don't ask why
'Cause heaven only knows

Paralyzed on your life
Won't you suffer for the angels to fly?
Sacrifice to make it right
'Cause heaven only knows
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 09/30/18, 01:53:01 AM »
0 Show voters
Bad Magick - Shooter Jennings

A long and lonesome road I've traveled to be free
And I carry no one and no one carries me
And I sleep away the days and ride the night
To another lonely town and lonely night

Yeah, I'll ride away and I'll leave you with the sun
To a life some would call tragic
I was born unto the gun and I practice
Bad Magick

The wind at my back, the desert at my feet
I know no love, my only friend is my steed
No one called family, my ties are severed clean
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline SquigglyV

• gayest sith everô
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 03/09/19, 12:17:46 AM »
0 Show voters
I've finally done it! I've found songs that fit the feel and tone of all my important RP characters, and even most of the ones who aren't important too. The Sith are all scary, the pubs are mostly sad and action-y, the rest are whatever. Have been shuffling some around a bit but I think what I have now is the best character-theme matchups I can get, I even did all my Guild Wars 2 characters too lol.

Imperial

Darth Malaji Vaal - Vampire Hunters (Bram Stoker's Dracula)
An ominous and foreboding track for the most depraved of alchemists. She never drinks... wine.

Darth Nefret - Ludwig, the Holy Blade (Bloodborne: The Old Hunters)
This is the right song for someone whose fighting style can be accurately described as a thunderstorm. It sounds like something you'd play whenever someone intrudes in your gothic mansion while it's raining and thundering outside, which is basically the story of her life.

Darth Hayal - Dance of the Cryptek (Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus)
The creepiest dubstep one can possibly find. Great for a cybernetics-obsessed darth!

Lord Zavy - The Four Horsemen (Battlefield 1: Apocalypse)
A soldier-turned-Sith gets some depressing, suspenseful ambience but in a way that almost sounds like a military march.

Lord Zamara - April 1945 (Fury)
She doesn't talk much, too busy systematically tormenting and oppressing rogue Sith or mischevious Jedi with extreme efficiency, fortunately this music says that without words.

Lord Arytis - The Old Blood (Wolfenstein: The Old Blood)
I knew this was the perfect theme for a Reclamation Service affiliated Sith as soon as I heard it in the game. It sounds like you're exploring an ancient haunted ruin, but evilly.

Phayri Vaal - The Mordrem (Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns)
She has her mother's sinister nature but a lot less dark side vampirism and much less training too.

Vacas - Necrons (Dawn of War)
A cybernetic chiss sith assassin apprenticed to a cybernetic pureblooded sith alchemist. The music is a good fit to describe how I never ever want to be anywhere near anything in that sentence.

Sadia Najat - Harbinger (Doom 2016)
She can stay calm for a minute or two on her master's orders. After that it's slicey lightsaber adrenaline time tho.

Alonni Lumiere - The Nightmare Court (Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns)
Too young and untrained to be a major threat, but she's the apprentice of Darth Tyria for good reason. Not an intense song, but a sinister one that builds up over time.

Adaliss Paran - Ravager (Terraria: Calamity Mod)
The hound of Darth Vaal, a fallen Jedi Knight, practically a slave but loyal until death. An intense track for a warrior with a very slight hint of sadness for her mental turmoil and fall from grace.

Zara Saitan - The Dark Eldar (Dawn of War)
The Mecrosa Order does not take prisoners, they take victims.

Moff Csa'lir'idi - Shatter the Empires (Hearts of Iron 4: Man the Guns)
I think this track has a very good sound for a naval officer, but with a bit of an oppressive or evil tone from the choir and such, so it fits nicely for my one high-ranking Imperial Military leader and R&D patron.

Captain Kiriona Aki - Corridor of Death 2 (Call of Duty 3)
An ISF commando gets the most sinister march, they're far beyond the half-hearted fodder of the Imperial Army in discipline and depravity.

Lieutenant Colonel Vasilla Alo - All the Fury
Corporal Akelsa Xeros - Adapt or Perish
Private Phaedra Vere - From Hell's Heart
All my 27th Airborne troopers have music from the same game, Crysis: Warhead, because it's the only one I could find with something fitting for all 3 lol. Vasilla, the frontline officer, deserves the most intense one because she's proven her abilities repeatedly under fire. Akelsa, the sniper, gets a fast-paced one because her job is to hunt and kill. The engineer, Phaedra, is more down to earth and usually blows things up before they can be threats, so she gets one with a slower pace but a strong beat.

Ziani Olosa - Agent Tex (Red vs Blue)
An agile dual-wielding rootin' tootin' mandalorian jetpack gunslinger in the service of a Sith gets some fast-paced western-esque guitar music.

Republic

Master Decilian Ansara - Glint's Legacy (Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns)
A Jedi who only barely held on through the last war, now starting to find herself again after getting a new padawan and some allies in the Republic Army.

Master Qelian Saida - London in Flames (Hearts of Iron 4: Together for Victory)
Another Jedi who's been through too much, slipping closer towards the dark side with every skirmish despite her desire to do what's right.

Padawan Asli Eliyara - The Fungal Planet (Civilization: Beyond Earth)
A young traditionalistic mirialan apprenticed to an old veteran, I think Beyond Earth has the best possible theme music for someone with so much to learn and explore.

Special Agent Serama Lirus - Covert Action (Fallout 4)
People working under the radar don't need action-y soundtracks, just a cheap apartment and some makeshift listening equipment.

Captain Lyara Idros - Iron Gods (Arma 3: Tanks)
Military music with a mildly sad tone for a widow fighting to ensure that nobody else suffers her loss.

Sergeant Zoe Adelia - The Storm (Battlefield: Bad Company 2)
One of my only pubs who isn't a nervous wreck, so she gets some energetic and upbeat military-esque orchestral music!

Dalia Al-Aziz - High Roller (Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire)
Filled the table! They're my credits now.

Guild Wars 2

Celeste Riviere - A Part of Their Story (Divinity Original Sin 2)
An aristocratic Ascalonian mesmer with a love for exploring, working alongside the Pact in recent times. This song has a nice adventurous feel and gets more intense over time, just like how she got more intense after deciding to help fight those mischevious little dragon things.

Samiyyah - A Brotherhood of Heroes (Call of Duty: WWII)
A Kournan elementalist of the Zaishen Order, devoted to mastering war and fire in the name of her god Balthazar. While wholeheartedly devoted to violence, she has a strong code of honour as well, something which I think the track catches well.

High Priestess Scyriss - Marauders Arrive (Solo: A Star Wars Story)
Epic choirs are required for ancient demons of forbidden knowledge, that's just how it works. Being fast-paced fits too since dervishes really like to whirl and nobody can keep track of anything a mesmer does.

Priestess Farayoun - Love Secret (by Mehmet F. Nalinci)
An Istani firebrand and priestess of Kormir with a troubled past, but she's come to peace with it for the most part.

Hierarch Zahra Vanak - Last Moments of Love (by Omar Faruk Tekbilek)
A disgraced spellbreaker previously in the service of King Joko's Mordant Crescent, now forced to forge her own path.

Slayer Vasai Zinghu - Stardust Crusaders (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
A spy's extremely queer globe-trotting adventure to defeat evil creatures through the use of magic and martial arts while gathering a group of unlikely allies for help along the way? Yes! This track has action for a not-so-subtle spy and also enough jazz to sound a bit underworld-y, it's definitely the best character theme I have lol.

Now if only I could get faceclaims and voice actors for everyone...