BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Force Signatures  (Read 6503 times)

Offline Hâsk

• View Profile
Force Signatures
« on: 01/05/15, 04:20:50 PM »
0 Show voters
Hey peeps! So this is an idea I stole acquired, and I figured it could be fun to see everyone's creativity!

If each character were to have a unique signature through the Force (whether they were Sensitive or not), what would it look like? What sort of emotions would it invoke? Put up some pictures, whether they be auras, colors, artworks, landscapes, or any other being or thing that might paint a picture or feeling of what their aura/personality/power is like.

Elysa Cortess:

Dark and cold on the outside... yet the closer you get to its center, the more warming and flowering the aura becomes.

A more visual piece - evocative, passionate, and radiant. Like a sun, mixed with wine.

Hâsk:

A shadowed body represents walls meant to conceal what is within; however, the Force slips through in tendrils and sparks and swirls.

Yet passion and rage erodes the shadowed walls, causing the Force to leak out - in rage, anguish, and emotion.

Post some pictures for your characters, interpret your choices, and be creative! Idk I'm bad at these things srry.
"I was weak, and now I shall be strong. I must keep the facade. I must be perfect." ~ Elysaren Cortess.

Hâsk: http://imperialpsychosis.tumblr.com/

Offline Nightmoon

• Parts Donor
  • Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter. -Y
    • View Profile
Re: Force Signatures
« Reply #1 on: 01/05/15, 06:12:22 PM »
0 Show voters
I have always imagined the Force as gray and formless—the power that exists in the ether all around us. It is not necessarily light or dark.

Image: The Grey Force

When tapped into by a practitioner such as a Jedi or Sith--and quite literally by singers, poets, or artists--it is transformed. It becomes the psalm, the lyrics, the concerto, the healing, and/or any of those other aesthetics and intangibles.

Image: The Force full of color
« Last Edit: 01/07/15, 05:32:48 PM by Nightmoon »
The NightMoon Legacy:
Republic Characters:Trader, Reesu, Wild-card
Empire Characters: Darque, Jhet, Violensa

Offline Skystrike

• Forget the fear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01/05/15, 07:14:31 PM »
0 Show voters
I think Layla's looks like this

Liara's would look like this because of how conflicted she is

Nhym's would like this

"Ill Destroy you...Ill just have to destroy you. All of you who do things like this! Ill Eliminate you all by myself!"

Offline Thrax

• Parts Donor
  • I'll make a martyr out of you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01/05/15, 08:42:44 PM »
0 Show voters
Thrax:  A powerful, but fatalistic shell of a man, literally infected with nihilistic impulses.

Hazek:  A young Sith full of fury, who hungers for vengeance against both the Jedi and his own master.

Seylon:  A man older than his years, who isn't really certain where his loyalties lie. All he knows is the pursuit of enjoyment.

Xaoren:  A twisted and insane monster, through and through.

Akunadan:  Once thoroughly pure, there will always be a part of him that is perpetually obscured in shadow.

« Last Edit: 01/05/15, 08:44:56 PM by Thrax »

Offline Elym

• pedantic but generally okay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01/05/15, 09:13:27 PM »
+1 Show voters

I think Atavia's would look something like orderly little identical filaments, chaotically bundled and concentrated around a core. They would reach out until they stretch so thin they can no longer really be perceived. It is, to most, a fairly innocuous little presence in its sameness and delicateness, but some would find it a bit insidious and unsettling.

Also, I chose neurons because she's bookish and a smidge cray-cray.

Offline Brintte

• Nistia
  • You saw nothing......
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01/05/15, 09:35:07 PM »
0 Show voters
I like this idea!

Fal Antel, AKA Silooni Nae

Losing herself to corruption and shadows, her memory taken for her. All she can do is cling to what she has left.

Sha'ira Yrzen

Her own mind is her enemy. She fears her enemy, she is chained to a past of loss, and now she doubts who she is.

Pyrrel

She has walked deeply into the shadows. All she can do now is keep that lonely road, as she can no longer see the light.

Yzmerri Laohan

Her heart is frozen, her dreams are lost, and though she wants to believe there's a life besides what she was trained to be, she can't see beyond the veil.

Kebaliya Celleas

A soldier that knows what she does, understands her role, but always wonders: Why?
She repents to have ever joined the army, but now is bound to it by duty and loyalty.

Offline Toasty McGrath

• Nykel Rooks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01/06/15, 08:31:31 AM »
0 Show voters
Nykell:

Offline Cabochard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01/06/15, 09:01:11 AM »
0 Show voters
Void:

Lum:

Offline Liquidis

• Totally not Liquid Snake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01/06/15, 09:10:06 AM »
0 Show voters
Liquidis:

Basically the monster is the soul of Liquid and it's as black as night it's self representing of how far into the dark he is (or could be) while the outside is all the anger, hate and desire for revenge is shown. 

Heksetto:

Pliskin:

Offline NovaZero

• Life is the enemy, Death is our solace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01/06/15, 09:54:30 AM »
0 Show voters
Ooh. VERY good idea! Especially for those Miraluka out there.

It's especially important for me as a certain character of mine is actually able to change his force essence (and as a result, signature).

Rouser

A warm light in the dark, a hand outstretched. Offered in good will.  Seeking, illuminating, touching. Like a father's embrace, or a brother. Or the gentle intimate draw of a lover -- it is tender and always welcoming. Though the fingers that touch are calloused, the care is always there, firm but ready to help. The experience shows -- the hardship, the hurt. But through it all, the Jedi that is meant to be.

Kyras

Ner tracyn a lover used to call him. A fire, a light. Warmth. Of the many people in the room, the pirate is a man of passion. The candle of a fire is as smooth as the black ale he drinks. There is no harsh aftertaste -- instead, a subtle taste of sweetness. He is the candle, the light, the flame... and he is the flammable silk upon which it sits -- treat him wrong and he is there, ready to do some damage.

K'uur

To look upon Darth K'uur in the force is like looking too close at an eclipse. You see.... nothing? No. What you feel is not nothing. In his presence it is like trying to breathe while a waterfall presses down upon your head. It is not denying you air -- no, you are the invader, you are where you shouldn't be. You are a part of something without fully knowing. There is a radiant heat there, a sun might very well be close by. Or far away, you can't tell -- there's something there. Dark? Light? It's hard to know. Step back -- and again, cast your eyes up -- down, left, right. You can't see the shape, but only as you remove yourself can you even perceive the edges. Now look closely... there. The traces of light you look at are blinding but as you focus, you can see it -- reaching out. Like millions of tiny nerve endings stretching out, touching upon something greater. You find yourself holding your breath unknowingly, wondering when was the last time you knew your mouth to be so dry...

That was fun to write. A good prompt, I guess? :D I'll do my other characters sometime.
« Last Edit: 01/06/15, 10:00:23 AM by NovaZero »
Heads up! Most of my roleplay is done over Discord!

Hit me up there if you're keen!
Check profile for plot.

Offline TrystanLaryssa

• "Differently Rational"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01/06/15, 11:57:35 AM »
0 Show voters
This looks like fun... I think more in the abstract, so colors and energy I think work best for me here. Just my two main Force characters on either side, and Ky, since I play him a lot... will do more characters later if this thread persists! Kath's and Caylenn's are more connected, as they are Force users, where Ky is merely a sensitive, but nowhere near enough to even begin actual training in its use.

Katharsys

Kath does nothing without passion. Hie emotion burns brightly and fluctuates constantly. His energy would read like fire, even when he's drawing upon Light as opposed to Dark. Compassionate, yet hot-tempered, determined he's right yet fearful of consequence, his energies are conflicted, inner Light fighting inner Darkness.

Caylenn

Spirituality and technology combine in Caylenn's signature. Lines of energy swirl and connect, reaching out, seeking others to connect with, like fibers of a complex machine, or the neurons of the mind. His is a bright energy, yet forgiving; Light, yet not ignoring the potential for Darkness to be pushed back by those whom it has overcome. It's a new energy, modern, and somewhat naive, but always seeking to know more, and always reaching out to others with help and hope.

Kyrston

Ky's energy is bright and chaotic, like the freedom of the open sky. Disconnected, it would show as intermittent flares of light, excitement and danger. What it lacks in constance, it finds in adaptability, and where it flares, it flares with a determined strength.

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01/06/15, 01:21:52 PM »
0 Show voters
Ran-del's Force-presence has always been described as a unperturbed mirror sphere, thusly:

Reflective, within reach, but forbidding and mercurial.

Pehn's, obviously, would be a rake:

SPECIAL BONUS ENTRY! SPECIAL BONUS ENTRY! SPECIAL BONUS ENTRY!
Doing a search for 'Rake' on Google comes up about 70/30 pictures of the yard implement to pictures of the covers of romance novels involving the word 'rake': 'Two Times a Rake', 'Double-Decker Rake-Wrecker', 'The Royal Rake's Nubile Seamstress Lover',  'Can't Shake the Rake', 'To Ruin a Rake', etc.  The grand prize for Absolute Funniest Rake Romance Cover came down between one for 'The Art of Ruining a Rake', which has a HILARIOUS smirking lady in a prom dress on it, and our victor, the inside-cover art for one 'Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake', which wins for the incredible title AND the text in the lower right hand corner:

To those who cannot quite make out these tiny words, I've Landoed together the best possible version of them I could: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1MLkOv6uW99  I hope these words bring as much laughter into your day as they have mine.
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01/06/15, 02:16:07 PM »
0 Show voters
Pehn's, obviously, would be a rake:

SPECIAL BONUS ENTRY! SPECIAL BONUS ENTRY! SPECIAL BONUS ENTRY!
Doing a search for 'Rake' on Google comes up about 70/30 pictures of the yard implement to pictures of the covers of romance novels involving the word 'rake': 'Two Times a Rake', 'Double-Decker Rake-Wrecker', 'The Royal Rake's Nubile Seamstress Lover',  'Can't Shake the Rake', 'To Ruin a Rake', etc.  The grand prize for Absolute Funniest Rake Romance Cover came down between one for 'The Art of Ruining a Rake', which has a HILARIOUS smirking lady in a prom dress on it, and our victor, the inside-cover art for one 'Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake', which wins for the incredible title AND the text in the lower right hand corner:

To those who cannot quite make out these tiny words, I've Landoed together the best possible version of them I could: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1MLkOv6uW99  I hope these words bring as much laughter into your day as they have mine.

I'm suddenly questioning what my life is coming to.
But I think I'm okay with it.

The rake is all.

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Master of Myserty
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire

Offline Audaine

• Parts Donor
  • <Flailing Intensifies>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01/06/15, 02:56:21 PM »
0 Show voters
Kyrylo Doirdor

He knew it would be the last time he'd be able to share her company; regale in the shared warmth between them both. And he could do nothing to stop it. 'From now until my final days, I am yours. Forever.'

Audaine Buelle

Beneath the many conceited layers, her soul beat. It was an imperfect thing of doubt and fragility, a personable creature that hid and was so rarely seen.

Her presence in the Force was told to reach out and engulf the room as her spatial awareness came into focus. One did not hide from a Miraluka.

Mikella Kurstada

While intoxicated with her cocktails of spice and liquour, it was often noted that the lively Zabrak slicer-mechanic was incredibly easy to breach the mental fortitude of, but the raw ecstasy and vibrant palette of her thoughts was a trial to actually read.

Abethul Reena

Her curiosity was endless and rife with wonder. So many questions begging to be asked, yet so few actually drawn out into the open. Where would this path take us? Where will I be in several years? Will I be the best Jedi I can be? Will my Master be proud of me?
« Last Edit: 07/25/15, 04:10:22 AM by Audaine »

[ ^ What? I actually update this link now? ^ ]

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01/06/15, 03:30:01 PM »
0 Show voters
Hawking Shatari

"One with the blade, a force for good. Warm and enlightening, an inspiration to those around the zenith."

Ralakan Walker

"He who lives for his men, a good man fighting for the wrong cause. Grace under pressure, tenacity in war, hardship in peace."

Lord Lethash

"Regret is a powerful motivator."

Lord Carvur

"Blood, fury and fire."

Darth Lexicanus

"Ancient, mysterious and unknowable. A being obsessed with the pursuit of power and knowledge.
All power demands sacrifice."
(Credit to Thrax and or Audaine for sending me this.)

Arlatha Shatari

"Thrown into a world of responsibilities and expectations of paramount importance, she struggles to retain herself and yet pay her dues."

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Master of Myserty
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire