BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Make a (fashion) statement  (Read 10806 times)

Offline SquigglyV

• gayest sith everô
    • View Profile
Re: Make a (fashion) statement
« Reply #90 on: 02/18/18, 02:47:45 PM »
0 Show voters
I am apparently trying to set the standard for generic Sith fashion. :P

The one in the middle was actually one of my first outfits ever, though back then it had a different dye and gloves. Here's an old scary picture from way back in early 2014!

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 02/18/18, 02:55:50 PM »
0 Show voters
Those are great! They have a really classic Sith look. Have to appreciate when people make outfits that could totally be actual game NPCs.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline SquigglyV

• gayest sith everô
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 02/18/18, 03:19:11 PM »
0 Show voters
That's always what i'm going for! I just want to be a generic Sith/Imperial 90% of the time. :P The same would be true of Jedi if I could stand to play a Jedi character.

Here are more examples!

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 02/19/18, 09:39:43 AM »
0 Show voters
Totally not armor... but you know me, I have characters that are dancers, so... Salsa dance anyone?

Dye: Dark Red and Pale Brown
Head: empty
Chest: Casual Vandal Jacket
Hands: Ardent Oracle's Gauntlets
Belt: Covert Waist Energy Armor
Pants: Elegant Duelist Pants
Feet: Casual Connoisseur's Boots
Wrists: Covert Wrist Energy Armor
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 02/19/18, 10:38:13 AM »
+1 Show voters
And here's another pretty one. I like to think of this as an "original Mei'li" and it can be had on both factions (thank you legacy gear!)

Dye: Light Gray and Pale Pink
Head: Omenbringer's Headgear (Republic Fleet, Adaptive gear, legacy gear)
Chest: Grand Inquisitor's Robe (Imperial Fleet, Adaptive gear, legacy gear)
Hands: empty (your choice)
Belt: Noble Attendant Belt
Pants: Ceremonial Pants
Feet: empty (your choice)
Wrists: empty (your choice)
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • And now it's found us like I have found you
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 02/19/18, 06:53:45 PM »
+1 Show voters
Oh wow, that is gorgeous @Mei !
My drawing was not of a hat.
It was of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

Offline SquigglyV

• gayest sith everô
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 02/25/18, 08:44:36 PM »
+1 Show voters
I gave my SIS agent a new look! Also a neat outfit which has a sort of rugged look, which I like more than her previous mercenary-esque attire.

Offline SquigglyV

• gayest sith everô
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 05/26/18, 09:06:20 AM »
+2 Show voters
I've been experimenting with using multiple dyes/colours per outfit a lot more recently. This one (honour guard dye + black/red dye) is probably the best so far, but simpler stuff like black gloves with a white outfit is also quite good. And brown pants with any sort of civilian attire! I encourage people to try it if they want a more unique looking outfit!

Here is another, none of the colours are unified and the gloves are dyed black.

I've also been trying out some different Jedi styles, my current one actually uses Sith boots and Imperial gloves and it works quite well imo!

Offline SquigglyV

• gayest sith everô
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 09/25/18, 06:46:18 AM »
0 Show voters
Does anyone here have companion fashion too? I like to dress mine up for RP even though I hardly ever use them lol. It's a lot easier now that companions don't need stats, you can just use the cheap nice looking stuff instead of expensive modded orange gear.

Offline SquigglyV

• gayest sith everô
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 10/24/18, 11:33:13 PM »
0 Show voters
I have many outfits to share today lol.

A bit of news first, the cartel bazaar vendors have been altered to use Underworld Exchange reputation at some point recently, which is actually obtainable through those slot machine decorations I think! So the things there are no longer limited to people who bought a buttload of cartel packs way back in the day. There's some nice and relatively cheap dyes in there like dark blue or grey/purple, and also some great outfits like the volatile shock trooper set and the outfit that Imperial medics use, though quite a bit of stuff still needs certificates. :/ It's a step in the right direction at least.

I have been trying different pub armour schemes and styles lately to see what looks nice and fitting, because I have a new trooper for absolutely no reason.

The blue dye you can get from the bazaar vendors looks really good on some armour, lighter colours usually just look like tacky plastic but this darker shade gives it some depth I think. I used it on my main commando's armour and also put white dyes on the gloves and boots for a really regal look, it was inspired by the USAF honour guard (even though she's a marine lol) because I think that's a really good style for elite Republic troops.

Muted colours pair really well with literally every outfit i've looked at in this game, older dyes with gross plastic-looking neon colours always annoyed me but these new realistic-ish colour dyes are really really good imo. For my new trooper's armour I went with the fleet commander dye, which is tan and grey and looks very military-ish because of its drabness.

This is a mix of armours from the cartel bazaar vendors that i'm using to replace the old Makeb assault armour on my imps now that the volatile shock trooper set is more readily available. Most of it is from the BK-0 combustion armour set, the chestpiece and helmet (not shown) are from the volatile shock trooper set, and I have a different belt for each one depending on their specialty. Fortunately I did not have to buy black dyes for the gloves and boots because the BK-0 armour is already black, so I can stick with my sexy multi-colour outfits without spending yet more money lol.

Here's a bunch of my newer Sith outfits because I have a lot of those. I continue to set the standard in extremely generic Sith fashion. :P

I always wanted to use these two outfits because they just fits the imperial style so perfectly, but I could never find a character to really use them on because all of my existing Sith until recently already had their styles set. They work really well together with one as a more "casual" vestment and the other as a battle dress.

This is my inquisitor's outfit, very dark and menacing because she likes the colour black because that's just what Sith do. I thought this chestpiece had potential for a long time but couldn't actually figure out a good way to use it until I tried it with a black dye, and then I immediately knew I had to make a twi'lek with red skin because that would match perfectly lol.

I think this is my newest Sith character, she has a lot of green. Green outfit, green saber, green vine cat, green-ish planet of residence. I love the shade of green her saber uses, unlike the usual Jedi colour it looks kind of toxic almost and so it fits well for an evil sorceress while still being unique. Her robes are using an olive green and tan dye which usually looks gross and pale, but works well here because the outfit mutes it a lot.

I saw a cheap miniskirt and a cheap chestplate and thought they'd go well together! Unfortunately i'll hardly ever use that outfit because I actually really like the plain apprentice robes that every apprentice gets.

This is actually not a Sith at all, but rather a Mecrosa Order assassin who works for the Sith by doing Sith things in a Sithy way. This game has no mecrosa space veils, the bounty hunter headscarf looks too large, and Kreia's hood makes you bald, so I had to make do with some very cute and assassin-y revealing clothes instead.

This is also not a Sith at all, but rather my Jedi with an outfit which matches her mask! This uses the grey and purple dye available from the bazaar vendors. I'm not fully satisfied with the outfit but I am using it anyway, because I figure a Jedi consular should probably have an outfit that isn't a suit of armour.

This is a Sith tho. Remember that time back when Obroan armour (and whatever the PvE equivalent was called) was the coolest looking thing and everyone fashionable had a set? That time is still around in my heart, right next to a nostalgic photo of Dread Master Brontes. This is using a dark red and tan dye which looks very dread master-y imo because the tan turns into gold with this armour's texture.

« Last Edit: 10/25/18, 07:56:29 PM by SquigglyV »

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 10/25/18, 12:19:15 PM »
0 Show voters
I *love* the thought you've put into your outfits Squiggly!
@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

| Alexandra ~ 70 Sage | Meagan ~ 70 Sharpshooter | Medley ~ 70 Sentinel | Sariyah ~ 70 Shadow | Evany ~ 70 Vanguard |

&>~~~ (UNGUILDED) IMPERIALS ~~~<&

| Inivera ~ 70 Marauder | Aubrey Anna ~ 70 Operative | Julan ~ 70 Bounty Hunter | Maladous ~ 70 Sorcerer |