BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

July 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jul 19: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jul 19: A Dread Mind
Jul 20: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST
Jul 26: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: [Grasper] Starhunters Two - Yellow Shift  (Read 1755 times)

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
[Grasper] Starhunters Two - Yellow Shift
« on: 09/20/15, 01:30:18 PM »
0 Show voters
The following is a repost and supercession of the content from my original 'Starhunters' thread (intro post here: http://begerencolony.org/index.php?topic=3681.msg40680#msg40680 ).  The purpose of this is to seek attendees for the 'Yellow Shift' event next Saturday, September 26th, at 7:30 PM server time!  Please read the rules carefully and submit your character/ship to me via PM!

-Yellow Shift-

Coruscant's Galactic City is a place of wonders as tall as the smog-streaked sky, and shames as deep as the long-shadowed dirt.  Amongst the most interesting of these quirks is the fact that much of 'the Works', the lower-levels of Galactic City, are run by ancient Gree technology which not even Republic scientists truly understand.  The recent reemergence of the Gree onto the scene of galactic politics has been a balm for the ailing planet, which was heavily damaged during the tragic Sacking of Coruscant over a decade again.

It has also offered an opportunity for those possessed of sight to see it...as the Gree have set upon Coruscant to repair their antediluvian devices, they've been able to gather intelligence from the millennia-old databanks of the Works...intelligence dating all the way back to earliest conflicts between the Republic and Empire.  Should the Gree abscond to their space with those archives, it can be certain that none of we unfortunate enough to be born non-cephalopodic will ever see them.  As such, I am now offering a bounty for the contents of the Gree Information Tug 'UloK HidG-RaM'...the droid-brain of the drone-ship.  Whoever can bring me this information will prove themselves as a hunter, as a pilot, and as an ally of the concept of freedom of information.

'Yellow Shift' is a four-player free-for-all Space PvP event, wherein four ships and their crews will have a standoff to see who can claim the prize aboard the drone-ship UloK HidG-RaM* for their own.  In the pursuit of a frenetic, action-and-intrigue filled encounter, it is required that none of the players start as allies...though, should things get desperate, short-term alliances may be made!  But remember...only ONE victor will be allowed!

The BC.org Space RP system will be used (http://begerencolony.org/forum/index.php?page=6), with each PC building a ship as detailed within.  As a variant, the 'Recharging Shields' maneuver will be rolled, using 1d100+Discipline, with failure granting no restoration, a critical failure causing an additional lost action, success meaning 1 Shield Point restored, and an exceptional success meaning that 2 Shield Points are restored.  Fate Points will not be used as part of the event.  The loss of all Hit Points indicates destruction/defeat.  When one character remains present with a functional ship, they may lay claim to the prize and be considered the winner!

The victor of 'Yellow Shift' will receive the entire 1,000,000 credit bounty from the Grasper!  The other pilots will receive a consolation prize of some old GSF gas canisters and paintjobs I have lying around, and some pink speeders because that's what's in fashion now!

*Pronounced 'oohlah-kay hihd-gee rah-emm'
« Last Edit: 09/25/15, 09:42:07 PM by blingdenston »
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
Re: [Grasper] Starhunters Two - Yellow Shift
« Reply #1 on: 09/23/15, 11:12:18 AM »
0 Show voters
Just wanted to chime in that this sounds very intriguing. I love starship combat in both tabletop and in video game form, so I'm very curious to see how these Base 100 rules will work. Fun premise, too!

Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a home move and the 26th will probably not work. I wish much fun and luck to those who participate.

That being said, if it ends up that this event gets rescheduled for a later week and you still have openings, I'll probably jump on board then.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/23/15, 01:20:43 PM »
0 Show voters
Thanks for your interest, Niarra!  So far we've only got ONE signup and several deferments...I'm going to give it another day or two before I reschedule.

If anyone IS interested this Saturday...please, let me know!

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/23/15, 07:13:02 PM »
0 Show voters
If anyone IS interested this Saturday...please, let me know!

I'm in.

I do apologize for keeping you waiting. I just confirmed today that my Saturday night is completely free. I am A.F.K. literally all day and evening tomorrow, so my ship build will have to wait until Friday at the earliest, but you probably know what to expect anyway.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09/25/15, 03:45:39 PM »
0 Show voters
So, we've only got two signups, along with a couple of deferments and interested nibbles.  I'll leave it to @Thrax and @recoveringgeek...shall we postpone this 'til a more opportune time, or push on, make it a one-on-one (and I throw in, I dunno, a Oswaft or something as a spoiler)?

Offline Thrax

• Parts Donor
  • I'll make a martyr out of you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09/25/15, 04:13:27 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm okay with anything. Postponing is okay with me if there are interested people who would find another time more accommodating. I would equally be okay with going one-on-one.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09/25/15, 06:00:05 PM »
0 Show voters
I can make this Saturday night bling, however if a one-on-one isn't sufficiently messy enough, I can understand postponing. It's hard to have an all-out race when it's just two ships.

Your Event was themed with multiple ships and crews so that temporary, or even desperate alliances can be made. Don't be afraid to close this and host it again in a couple of weeks to see if everyone's schedules free up.

Don't compromise your creativity!
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09/25/15, 09:41:13 PM »
0 Show voters
Alright...well, postponement is go.  Since next week's going to involve deliberation over Jaade's fate, this event'll have to be rather timey-wimey.  What day would be good after next week for the pair of you, as well as other interested parties?

Offline Esk

• Parts Donor
  • Now shines the moon, welkin-wanderer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09/25/15, 09:45:16 PM »
0 Show voters
After October 6th is best for me.

Imperial: Eskenah, Emlaira, Qoasha, Nochot, Linhua, Qorit
Republic: Etirza, Soori, Eswolyn, Annave, Foha, Nadimai, Yue-ming
Ialdon: Therem, Shilee
<The Koonto Legacy>

Offline Thrax

• Parts Donor
  • I'll make a martyr out of you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09/25/15, 10:10:49 PM »
0 Show voters
After October 6th is best for me.

Same here, October 6th is not good for me either. After is fine.

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09/26/15, 12:35:00 AM »
0 Show voters
Well, as an "interested party," I can say that after October 6th would also work for me. Assuming that means the weekend of October 10th/11th? Or would that be October 17th/18th? Either would work for me.

I won't be able to get a ship prepared until next weekend at the earliest, and if someone more industrious manages to get their ship submitted and take up the spot that is totally fair. But if there's still a spot open, I will submit a ship as soon as I can.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09/26/15, 04:46:01 AM »
0 Show voters
Post October 6th will work fine.  Would you guys like to do the weekend?  @recoveringgeek , will that work for you?

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09/26/15, 01:20:13 PM »
0 Show voters
Post October 6th will work fine.  Would you guys like to do the weekend?  @recoveringgeek , will that work for you?

I would need to verify any date, however it should be fine.

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10/11/15, 02:52:35 AM »
0 Show voters
Well, that time flew by.  I'm aiming to do Yellow Shift NEXT weekend (either afternoon on the 17th, or any time on the 18th)!  What do you say, @recoveringgeek @Thrax @Niarra and @Esk?

Offline Esk

• Parts Donor
  • Now shines the moon, welkin-wanderer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10/11/15, 09:25:40 AM »
0 Show voters
I am obligated to be at the server guild summit on the 18th starting 6pm, but otherwise I am potentially okay for other times.
« Last Edit: 10/11/15, 10:42:13 AM by Esk »

Imperial: Eskenah, Emlaira, Qoasha, Nochot, Linhua, Qorit
Republic: Etirza, Soori, Eswolyn, Annave, Foha, Nadimai, Yue-ming
Ialdon: Therem, Shilee
<The Koonto Legacy>