BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

July 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jul 19: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jul 19: A Dread Mind
Jul 20: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST
Jul 26: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jul 27: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: 4.X Patchnotes, Updates, Guides, etc...  (Read 18570 times)

Online Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
4.X Patchnotes, Updates, Guides, etc...
« on: 11/16/15, 03:57:45 PM »
+1 Show voters
Well... we needed to start this one sooner or later...

4.02 Patch Notes have dropped here: http://dulfy.net/2015/11/16/swtor-game-update-4-0-2-patch-notes/

Mostly minor stuff, bug fixes galore mostly, but there is one big balance change: Companions got whacked with the nerfbat. They put out a separate post explaining (read: propagandizing) the changes: http://dulfy.net/2015/11/16/swtor-bioware-explains-companion-healing-nerfs/

Basically, here's how it goes:
 - Base Companion damage and healing is nerfed outright, by an amount depending on level, influence, sync'd level and more.
 - Healing Power (and possibly damage output?) will increase at a higher rate with higher Influene. At high Influence, Bioware says that it will actually be stronger than pre-nerf, so make sure to save those Common Crystals for the Artifact Companion Gifts :D.
 - Tank Comp abilities have been improved to generate more threat, and their AoE pull will stop pulling in nearby foes that aren't in combat yet.
 - To quote Eric: "The intent is that you can complete any [Heroic 2] with your Companion counting as one of the two."

So, not quite sky is falling, especially for us folks with a fighting comp with crazy high influence.
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline Semah

• The sand remembers where the river was.
    • View Profile
Re: 4.X Patchnotes, Updates, Guides, etc...
« Reply #1 on: 11/16/15, 04:20:53 PM »
0 Show voters
Any idea where the influence point is that takes you back to prenerf healing? I ought to just pick a companion and powerlevel influence with them.

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11/16/15, 04:24:32 PM »
0 Show voters
That bit about the lightbridge kinda got me. We walk across it, I'm all "hey, why is Lana/T7/etc. dead?"
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11/16/15, 04:55:16 PM »
+1 Show voters
Well... we needed to start this one sooner or later...

4.02 Patch Notes have dropped here: http://dulfy.net/2015/11/16/swtor-game-update-4-0-2-patch-notes/

Mostly minor stuff, bug fixes galore mostly, but there is one big balance change: Companions got whacked with the nerfbat. They put out a separate post explaining (read: propagandizing) the changes: http://dulfy.net/2015/11/16/swtor-bioware-explains-companion-healing-nerfs/

Basically, here's how it goes:
 - Base Companion damage and healing is nerfed outright, by an amount depending on level, influence, sync'd level and more.
 - Healing Power (and possibly damage output?) will increase at a higher rate with higher Influene. At high Influence, Bioware says that it will actually be stronger than pre-nerf, so make sure to save those Common Crystals for the Artifact Companion Gifts :D.
 - Tank Comp abilities have been improved to generate more threat, and their AoE pull will stop pulling in nearby foes that aren't in combat yet.
 - To quote Eric: "The intent is that you can complete any [Heroic 2] with your Companion counting as one of the two."

So, not quite sky is falling, especially for us folks with a fighting comp with crazy high influence.

I honestly figured it wasn't going to be the sky falling. Hence why I asked all the whiners on some of the forums if I could have have all their stuff before they unsubbed.

Offline Malkerik

• Get Paid, Get Made, Gatorade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11/16/15, 06:03:55 PM »
+1 Show voters
I honestly figured it wasn't going to be the sky falling. Hence why I asked all the whiners on some of the forums if I could have have all their stuff before they unsubbed.

"UGH IT ALL SUCKS SO MUCH WITHOUT COMPANIONS THIS IS JUST SPACE WOW, UGH BUT I'M GOING BACK TO WOW, BECAUSE WOW WAS THE FIRST AND VANILLA WAS THE BEST AND THEY SAY LEGION IS GONNA BE LIKE VANILLA BUT THEN I'LL UNSUB WHEN THE BETA SUCKS CAUSE BETA WAS BETA AND THE ALPHA WAS THE BEST AND THEN I'LL GO TO WILDSTAR WHICH WAS THE WOW KILLER BUT WOW WAS THE BEST AND THEN I'LL GO OVER TO LEAGUE AND SUCK AND GET YELLED AT BY REAL PVPERS AND THEN I'LL CRY AND COME BACK.

But Vanilla -WAS- the best." - The Internet MMO Forumer, 2015

Holonet Page - ''Updated Pre Time Skip''

Act I: Unbroken Silence

Imp - Malkerik :nuu: Raeith :darkside: Predatus :darkside:      :nuu: Malkeric :lightside: Arkavim :lightside: MusiAH - Pub

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11/16/15, 06:05:25 PM »
+1 Show voters

"UGH IT ALL SUCKS SO MUCH WITHOUT COMPANIONS THIS IS JUST SPACE WOW, UGH BUT I'M GOING BACK TO WOW, BECAUSE WOW WAS THE FIRST AND VANILLA WAS THE BEST AND THEY SAY LEGION IS GONNA BE LIKE VANILLA BUT THEN I'LL UNSUB WHEN THE BETA SUCKS CAUSE BETA WAS BETA AND THE ALPHA WAS THE BEST AND THEN I'LL GO TO WILDSTAR WHICH WAS THE WOW KILLER BUT WOW WAS THE BEST AND THEN I'LL GO OVER TO LEAGUE AND SUCK AND GET YELLED AT BY REAL PVPERS AND THEN I'LL CRY AND COME BACK.

But Vanilla -WAS- the best." - The Internet MMO Forumer, 2015

AWESOME!!!!!!

Can I have all your stuff? Don't worry, you MIGHT see some of it again.

Offline Semah

• The sand remembers where the river was.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11/16/15, 06:08:56 PM »
+2 Show voters

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11/16/15, 07:54:33 PM »
0 Show voters
I'll wait it out but this companion change is poised to bite me badly. I don't have a lot of presence bonuses and With my lag I have a decent chance of dying all the time, and have started to dye more frequently, even with my comp set to heals.

Take away those heals because I don't grind influence and I might as well just log into RP and give up on the rest.  :shifty: A lot of the changes since 4.0 dropped have ripped the rug from under me, if it keeps going I'm basically going to have to go back to Mabinogi and stay there since it's the only game I can still halfway play without game breaking lag.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Online Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11/16/15, 09:55:53 PM »
0 Show voters
I'll wait it out but this companion change is poised to bite me badly. I don't have a lot of presence bonuses and With my lag I have a decent chance of dying all the time, and have started to dye more frequently, even with my comp set to heals.

Take away those heals because I don't grind influence and I might as well just log into RP and give up on the rest.  :shifty: A lot of the changes since 4.0 dropped have ripped the rug from under me, if it keeps going I'm basically going to have to go back to Mabinogi and stay there since it's the only game I can still halfway play without game breaking lag.

What Influence is your highest comp at? If you're not doing Heroic SF's, you might want to put your Comp in Tank mode. They won't heal you, but if you sent them in first and goes easy on AoE attacks, a tanking Comp with good Influence won't die unless things go REALLY bad.
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11/16/15, 10:17:39 PM »
0 Show voters
Highest I've got on any of them is 10k. The problem with tanks is that multi grapple, but I can look for which one that is and turn it off. It was horrible. I did a Nar heroic with Corso and it happens to be one with mob groups every 2 steps. Corso pulled so many non aggroed mobs that they literally swarmed and killed us and a nearby player and their comp, but the other player wasn't even that close nor were we grouped. I haven't used any as tanks since then. :shifty:

Online Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11/16/15, 10:53:15 PM »
+1 Show voters
Highest I've got on any of them is 10k. The problem with tanks is that multi grapple, but I can look for which one that is and turn it off. It was horrible. I did a Nar heroic with Corso and it happens to be one with mob groups every 2 steps. Corso pulled so many non aggroed mobs that they literally swarmed and killed us and a nearby player and their comp, but the other player wasn't even that close nor were we grouped. I haven't used any as tanks since then. :shifty:

Bioware heard your (and mine, and everyone else's) cries of rage :).
Character List:

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11/16/15, 11:02:48 PM »
0 Show voters
yeah but it doesn't come until the patch after the next.  :shifty:

Online livia

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11/17/15, 09:46:38 AM »
0 Show voters
Companion gifts (even the tier 6 ones) are really cheap atm, although this change will probably bump them up for a bit. Like... the t6 weapon gifts were at ~70k each a day or two ago. It shouldn't be too onerous to get a single companion up to a reasonable level of influence. Once you have one char with a good companion, you can farm heroics on that char to feed gifts to a single companion on the next character and so on.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11/17/15, 09:49:50 AM »
0 Show voters
Well, there's hope but farming heroics with my lag sounds pretty painful. We'll see though. However, with the patching extended twice an the second one with no ETA, I'm going to assume they just broke something. :sigh:

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11/17/15, 10:09:23 AM »
0 Show voters
However, with the patching extended twice an the second one with no ETA, I'm going to assume they just broke something. :sigh:

Safe bet.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows