BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: [TFA Spoilers] Thoughts on The Force Awakens  (Read 17405 times)

Offline Hektor

• Captain of the Antebullem
    • View Profile
Re: [TFA Spoilers] Thoughts on The Force Awakens
« Reply #195 on: 01/13/16, 03:14:33 PM »
+1 Show voters
All I'm going to say is watching Han fall into the abyss...Will haunt me.
|Hektor|Faust|Thrawl|

Offline Brintte

• Nistia
  • You saw nothing......
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 01/13/16, 03:30:47 PM »
0 Show voters

Still hurts... so much... *Goes cry in the corner.*

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 01/13/16, 04:52:04 PM »
0 Show voters

Still hurts... so much... *Goes cry in the corner.*

*joins Brin in a good cry*
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 01/13/16, 05:31:34 PM »
+3 Show voters

Don't worry, I'm sure that the 'Kidnapped Baby Stormtrooper Wars' CGI series in ten years will reveal that Han survived the fall, got robot intestines, and will team up with his never-before-mentioned brother Breakenn Entarr to get revenge.
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 01/13/16, 05:38:52 PM »
0 Show voters

Don't worry, I'm sure that the 'Kidnapped Baby Stormtrooper Wars' CGI series in ten years will reveal that Han survived the fall, got robot intestines, and will team up with his never-before-mentioned brother Breakenn Entarr to get revenge.

That will only happen if Lucas gets control of the series again.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 01/13/16, 07:30:59 PM »
0 Show voters
Maybe Luke was making Kylo and the other students piggyback him around in a little backpack while muttering things at them?

You need to read the twitter war between them - linked in the shoutbox.  THat's exactly what EmoKyloRen accused Luke of. =D

As for Han Solo; maybe it was the predictability.. maybe it was the fact that Harrison Ford has been an assmunch jerk about Star Wars, its fans, and "who shot first" for decades.  Honestly, I didn't even feel a thing. :/  It was more like, "annnd there he goes...  I bet he was glad for that."

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Isarii

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 01/14/16, 07:52:23 AM »
0 Show voters
his never-before-mentioned brother Breakenn Entarr

*laughs up a lung*

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 05/17/18, 01:41:55 AM »
+2 Show voters
I just rewatched TFA for the first time last night, and I just wanted to put some thoughts down, nearly three years later.

I found the pacing of the movie to be much, much worse this time...the quiet moments we get with Rey feel like the only real pauses for air in the entire movie (though, luckily, she gets them all the way up until the last shot). I appreciate JJ's desire to have a bunch of Muppets and practical effects around, but he rushes and wooshes past them so fast that it's almost sickening to watch.

The dialogue is also mundane and boring...it's almost unbelievable how much this movie leans on the incredible cast and the inertia of 'this is Star Wars' to make us ante up our attention and attachment. Both times I've watched this movie, I've been reflexively rewriting the dialogue to spice it up. I actually misremembered a small scene from a little head-bubble I latched on to back in 2015...when Leia and Han meet back up, and she comments on his jacket, I would've sworn he said: "No, it's a new jacket! ...same shirt, but the jacket is new."

I again credit the casting and direction for attaching me so strongly to these characters...the amount of development and screen time Poe gets in Ep. VIII had almost erased how little there is for him in this one other than being ultra-Wedge and also Finn's boyf-for-life. Daisy Ridley was probably the weakest of the main cast, but she, luckily, gets the strongest character and the most to do out of the movie (and I've seen the next one, so I know she's got the juice).

The special effects were spectacular! Even on a 1080p screen I was flabbergasted by how gorgeous the crashed Star Destroyer on Jakku was, and I once again praise Abrams for the incredible Falcon escape sequence...which staggered the hell out of me by (despite the often breakneck gait of the film) clearly establishing the landscape of the area (from the SD, to the open desert, to Unkar Plutt's outpost) so that, despite a big whirling chaotic takeoff, we can follow where the Falcon is going and what the hell is happening. Kudos!

I don't really have any thoughts other than a general excitement for the rewatch of Last Jedi we'll be doing in celebration of Solo coming out soon (and a trepidation about rewatching Rogue One. And just general bile at Snoke and the stupid Starkiller Base).
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace