BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

September 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Sep 22: Indie Night Revival - 7:00 PM PST
Sep 27: Jedi Night: Mahara Kesh - 7:30 PM PST
Sep 27: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: ((OOC)) New to SWTOR RP!  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Visceria

• View Profile
((OOC)) New to SWTOR RP!
« on: 01/10/16, 11:57:40 PM »
+1 Show voters
Hi everyone!

I've recently decided to give SWTOR RP a shot after becoming semi-involved in the WoW RP community throughout 2015. Since I'm located on the West Coast, I rolled on Begeren Colony and voila, here I am. :)

If anyone would like to add me in-game, my only character's name is the same as my forum tag (Visceria). I'm on the Imp side, and I'm curious as to where the best RP hot spots are, and what my options look like as far as joining a guild. Currently getting my character's backstory fleshed out, so my main purpose in posting this is just to introduce myself and get a feel for the community here.

I hope this will be the first of many interactions I have with BC! Cheers. :)
"And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." ~ Nietzsche

Offline Thrax

• Parts Donor
  • I'll make a martyr out of you.
    • View Profile
Re: ((OOC)) New to SWTOR RP!
« Reply #1 on: 01/11/16, 12:06:25 AM »
0 Show voters
Hi, welcome! I'm a WoW immigrant myself (Wyrmrest Accord), playing on Imp Side. For information on Imperial guilds, check out the GuildNet page on the top bar. Weekly community events are usually posted on the calendar to the left. If you need anything in-game or would just like to RP, feel free to contact me on my main character Thrax.

Since you're new to SWTOR, you should be aware as well that a lot of the game lore has changed since its initial inception. As of the most recent expansion, the galactic landscape has shifted significantly and a lot of people's characters are still in the process to adjusting to the new lore. My advice would be to check out the SWTOR website for information on the new things added in Knights of the Fallen Empire if you aren't aware, and if you are, well... hope to see you around Imp-side!

Offline Visceria

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01/11/16, 12:14:22 AM »
+1 Show voters
Nice to meet you, Thrax! That's so funny--I play on Wyrmrest Accord myself! Primarily Alliance, but I have several Horde characters as well.

Thankfully I'm not new to SWTOR (I've played on and off since launch), and have completed all class stories and the new Fallen Empire content. KoTOR was and still is one of my favorite games, so the Old Republic lore has always been a favorite of mine.

I'll add you in-game and send you a message sometime soon! Thanks for the info :)
"And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." ~ Nietzsche

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01/11/16, 12:16:11 AM »
0 Show voters
Welcome to the community!

Make sure you join the in game custom channels with the /cjoin command. Imp side we use Imperialooc and pub side Republicooc for OOC chit chat or for looking for others who feel like some impromptu rp!

The community events on the calendar are a great place to come out and get to meet others both IC and OOC. In particular, Imperial War Room on Wednesday evenings and Dancer's Palace on Friday evenings may interest you! Dancer's Palace is cross-faction social rp in a high class night club with a security system to enforce the no violence rule. It's currently making the transition to catch up with current game time, at the current end of the expansion.

Hope to see you around!

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01/11/16, 12:44:53 AM »
0 Show voters
Welcome. :wave: You'll probably only run into my characters at cross faction events since I basically only play on my pub characters but glad to have you.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • And now it's found us like I have found you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01/11/16, 03:44:38 AM »
0 Show voters
Hi new person! :wave: And let me just say I highly approve of your display pic. Melisandre is one of my fav characters from the books :aww:

Hope to see you around Impside sometime! I've been spending most of my time there levelling some characters - though they have some special symbols in the names, so I'll friend ya and we can chat sometime.  :lightside:
My drawing was not of a hat.
It was of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01/11/16, 10:49:58 AM »
0 Show voters
Welcome!
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01/11/16, 12:22:37 PM »
0 Show voters
Welcome to our server!

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01/11/16, 01:33:42 PM »
0 Show voters
As a former WoW player myself (Venture Co), welcome to the madhouse!

There's a lot of differences in styles, and make sure you join the ImperialOOC and RepublicOOC channels so you can keep an ear out for when RP is starting up. A lot of it takes place in Strongholds that have been carefully crafted to serve as RP spaces, although there is some public area stuff that still happens :).
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01/11/16, 01:48:01 PM »
+1 Show voters
[Screams about the Lord of Light, burns bastards]

Welcome aboard!

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Master of Myserty
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01/11/16, 02:30:46 PM »
0 Show voters
Ah, more WoW folk, eh? I play on Cenarion Circle/Sisters of Elune predominantly myself. I live on the east coast, but I seem to be drawn to west coast servers, here and there, heh.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01/11/16, 05:24:11 PM »
0 Show voters
Hello and welcome! (PvE Silver Hand Alliance represent!)

Dropping into the site's chat here is also a great way to start meeting folks on the server :D

Offline Visceria

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01/11/16, 06:20:23 PM »
0 Show voters
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in-game and getting plugged in. From what I've read, RP here sounds somewhat similar to what I've experienced in WoW.

I do have one more question... is there a way that RPers in SWTOR indicate what kind of RP they prefer/expect or what their character's disposition is without interaction? For instance, in WoW, I used addons such as TRP3 and MRP to design a profile for my characters. Since I've read that there aren't really any addons for SWTOR, what's the best alternative? Or the most common?

Offline Malkerik

• Get Paid, Get Made, Gatorade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01/11/16, 06:41:36 PM »
0 Show voters
ONE OF US, ONE OF US (Ex-Earthen Ringer here)

Holonet Page - ''Updated Pre Time Skip''

Act I: Unbroken Silence

Imp - Malkerik :nuu: Raeith :darkside: Predatus :darkside:      :nuu: Malkeric :lightside: Arkavim :lightside: MusiAH - Pub

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01/11/16, 06:50:42 PM »
0 Show voters
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in-game and getting plugged in. From what I've read, RP here sounds somewhat similar to what I've experienced in WoW.

I do have one more question... is there a way that RPers in SWTOR indicate what kind of RP they prefer/expect or what their character's disposition is without interaction? For instance, in WoW, I used addons such as TRP3 and MRP to design a profile for my characters. Since I've read that there aren't really any addons for SWTOR, what's the best alternative? Or the most common?

First off - YES WELCOME!!  And yes come to the Imp Side - we have Dark cookies :).

As to your questions - No addons; so no.  Nothing like that at all in game or otherwise.

The only thing you're going to have when interacting with others, to know their disposition, is if they are emoting what their disposition is in front of you.

The only other resources we really have are our IC wikki's here; but that is a mix of information that "first meeting" a character you wouldn't necessarily know.

Also on various players PROFILE pages here (including mine and yours!) there can be some RP summaries; "What they are looking for" etc. statements.  But nothing in game.

For the most part - free form /say RP when you're out and about in the world is hit/miss - though you can usually always catch some on Fleet (of varying quality RP...).

Many of our community events and a lot of other RP takes place in character's Strongholds since they went live; so "out in the world" it can be harder to find just "Free range."

That is the importance of the OOC channels mentioned above; to hang out doing whatever and if people are around and open for RP you can call out there (or they can) and get something going.  Not counting of course the calender to the left that's got weekly events etc.

But whenever I'm bored or looking for others to RP with and the OOC isn't delivering then I'm off to Fleet/Spacedock and see what's there.

But no, there's no indication in game outside of just "typing it out" whether or not someone is up for RP or an RPer at all, or what have you.

Yea, addons spoil us! :)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood