BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Weekly anti-Zakuul Meeting?  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Weekly anti-Zakuul Meeting?
« on: 04/28/16, 05:52:42 PM »
+3 Show voters
Hey all,

I'm wondering if there's interest for a new weekly meeting event. Basically like the old Imperial War Room events, but intended to be cross-faction and just about the steps needed to strike against the Zakuul Empire.

Might be a good way for characters to collaborate a bit, make plans and connections needed for ongoing plots as well as (hopefully) a fair bit of tension as the Imps and Pubs try to get along (while the Indies just try not to look like a threat)...

Location would be the hardest part, of course. Stronghold seems like the obvious solution but would be tricky to coordinate on both sides of the factional divide. Doing it out in public (like on Rishi, or using a world like Tatooine or Alderaan as a stand-in) would be easier to manage, but harder to control the setting.

But yeah, thoughts? I was thinking about having Quar host it, and to put it on the now-vacant Wednesday Nights, but want to get a temperature reading before committing :).
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline zengarzombolt

• Hard work and guts!
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly anti-Zakuul Meeting?
« Reply #1 on: 04/28/16, 06:03:37 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm certainly interested, and would be more than willing to show up with Qarak. The only problem is my current work schedule, I leave the house around 2000 (8pm) my time (mountain time) Monday through Friday, so I probably wouldn't be able to stay the whole time.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/28/16, 06:40:25 PM »
0 Show voters
ZOMG I was just thinking this in the airplane on the way back from my vacation...

Of a cross-faction neutral (not a cantina night in behavior though...) anti-zaks meeting as you refer to it Orell - but to put an actual IC effort backing "The Alliance" we all hear those rumors about...  :grin:

I think there is defnitely a need to help coordinate things outside of Dancer's Palace socializin - cross-faction - more reliable now that we actualy have a game plot supporting it and people can use that as all types of IC reasons to show up and talk at least...semi-nice..to the Republic.

Or at least enjoy planning how to beat people up...together!

Anyway my concerns in my idea were that

1-I didn't want to present the idea nd be responsible for it; I can't commit to heading up another event night or be in any way responsible for its content/presentations/speakers/whatever stuff.  BUT NOW YOU HAVE! xD I have no issues helping with invite/keys and flushing out ideas but I can't commit and have it riding on my shoulders.

2-location..location..location...

WHen I was considering the idea it was as an "Ic this makes the most sense" thought that Karmic would throw such meetings on her OUter Rim Trading Post - Moderan.  Its already established cros-faction (at least in word alone - but with a few who operate out of there...) location Icily, oocily SH means yes crossfaction friendly (as there are VERY FEW as we all know locales out in the general world that are...return to Voss anyone? heh).

Its in my Tat SH and its already designed as a business operation and active trading post on the outside; and known (cuz duh its a trading post in the outer rim) to be "Friendly to all types" (cept Slavers) "Not much questions asked..." and icily is easily explainable as an easily known place for anyone Icily who has been active (icily) in the last few years, as again its an openly well visited, known, Outer Rim Trading Post. (Its simple!)

More known IC history if you care...if not skip it.
Spoiler: show

The Trading post sprung up naturally as an offshoot of the large KI Mining Basecamp there - which is still an active mining compound.  The idea being Moderan is/was Karmic's first KI property, so oldest and now the most populace.

Unofficially, its a known refugee safeplace from Zakul.  the IC story is Karmic's had refugees living and working under her KI banner for years now and many live deep below the surface in the caves (cuz harder to radar...).  5 years into this she may have close to 20K refugees spread around ALL Of her 4 planet/camps - Moderan's just the more "well known" and larger town.

There are IC indies (hunters/smugs/pirvateers etc) and pubbies/jedi who are directly shipping KI refugees that need safe haven; but that is really secret ooc information.

I swear I'm going to post this history up soon... *tm*

I was just trying to come up with something that might use it so it gets more use xD...and then all the logic came together.

BUT - that's my logic.  There are tons of indi/neutral IC RP location Strongholds - that also have trading posts, cantinas, refgee camps, medical... in our community that could work just as well as a location.

This isn't me going "YES MY PLACE IS BEST" but it is a - "HEy if you need a place I"m more than happy to commit a lawful neutral locale that would make sense on that wednesday night or whatever night it is... " and help that way.

Open World there's really just NS, VossKwenn, Odessen(?) Main Cantina Base (if have content... and we saw how that worked..).  People were already sick of NS years ago, that leaves VKwenn and the "alliance cantina" but that may not be private enough.

But I really think if SOME NIGHT (Monday...Tuesday..Wednesday.. it doesn't have to be Wed the other two are also empty but it can!)  remains a good night for some of our more active independents and their guildies (really thinking of those I've been Rping cross-faction with through the Wraiths @SivWysan and @Seraphie as well as independents with you guys (being Smug Co and its reach) and JC.  If we got at least a few of each mix at least once or twice a month (doesn't even have to be weekly if we don't feel the content is letting it progress that way...) people's interwinning RP plot stuff would have an easier access point, that made sense, and felt safe, to be openly discussed without people having to plan other nights.  A bit of a different flavor than DP, at least I hope.

But Moderan does have a cantina...two...technically. xD If people want to talk there.  But there are private business/meeting rooms as well (and the thing isn't done so its not hard to put something speicific ..lol).

(yea..rambling..sorry...)
« Last Edit: 04/28/16, 06:43:55 PM by Karmic »

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/28/16, 07:11:33 PM »
+1 Show voters
If there IS this sort of thing, I'd like it to be a bit more 'underworld' based than prior events...not QUITE an attempt to replace the Kwenn Night-sort of brawling boredom, but something where the 'authority' that dominates/dominated Jedi Night/Imp War Room is absent so that everyone's on a more even footing.  That's why I think the suggestion of Quarasha hosting, or some other NPC pirate/criminal/salon host, is the way to go.

As it happens, I know that several folks out there are already working for/with the Alliance, and that's territory we in SmugCo have been crawling into, so that can provide an 'opener' or 'illuminator' for other folks.
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04/28/16, 07:33:47 PM »
0 Show voters
I have a character or two that'd be interested in this. 

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04/28/16, 08:04:33 PM »
0 Show voters
If I were in game anyway maybe I would come, but I don't think I would go out of my way to attend an anti zakuul thing. This is simply because it doesn't really fit my active characters. However, I wish you could use the cantina on Odessen. It would be cool to see RPers RPing out the actual alliance there. Sadly the nebulous and singular nature of the commander would likely make it hard to not step on toes in terms of personal cannons. :S Not impossible but it could be a problem.

Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04/28/16, 08:10:29 PM »
0 Show voters
...the nebulous and singular nature of the commander...

That's easy to headcanon/teasingly do away with...everyone says they're the Commander, out of a Spartacus-y loyalty and because, apparently, the rank-and-file Zakuul have no idea what the Outlander looks like (even after your hologram is displayed for public consumption).  Since everyone is an outlander, everyone pretends to be the Outlander.

Offline JohaanaCatri

• Gee, that cliff really came out of nowhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04/28/16, 08:17:19 PM »
0 Show voters
I know I'm new here, but I think this is a great idea. My character would totally be up for this kind of thing, but my only concern is timing. I've been getting home from school a lot later than I used to because my mom's new job threw our commute out the window, and now I'm home at about 7/7:30ish PST or even later. As for locations, I don't really have any suggestions, but as long as I can get to it without having to subscribe yet (which I'm going to do over the summer so I have more available play time, and I've already done a bit of reading on the current events so far), count me in. This would be a great opportunity to refine my writing and character development skills.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04/28/16, 08:25:18 PM »
0 Show voters
...the nebulous and singular nature of the commander...

That's easy to headcanon/teasingly do away with...everyone says they're the Commander, out of a Spartacus-y loyalty and because, apparently, the rank-and-file Zakuul have no idea what the Outlander looks like (even after your hologram is displayed for public consumption).  Since everyone is an outlander, everyone pretends to be the Outlander.

That's a surprisingly elegant solution. :think: Ok, for Odessen RP, I would try to go farther out of my way, if nothing else just to see the reactions to an active player alliance. Is it still possible for people who have not gotten the expansion to purchase the Odessen priority transport?

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04/28/16, 08:42:00 PM »
0 Show voters
That's a surprisingly elegant solution. :think: Ok, for Odessen RP, I would try to go farther out of my way, if nothing else just to see the reactions to an active player alliance. Is it still possible for people who have not gotten the expansion to purchase the Odessen priority transport?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say "probably not", since Odessen not only requires the expansion, I believe it also requires you to have done the first nine chapters before you can even go there (flying there, anyway; not sure about the priority transport).
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04/28/16, 09:59:22 PM »
0 Show voters
It used to work, the question is has bioware "fixed" that yet.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04/28/16, 10:40:46 PM »
0 Show voters
I'll reply more later- but fun idea.  Monday or Wed could work for me, Tues less so.  I'd suggest Monday to avoid conflicting with the Sithy stuff happening lately- but may be less of an issue if we're not shooting for every week. 

IC I think this is perfect timing, with folks who came together over Nar Shaddaa's Exarch to look for a place on the down-low, strategic to various Rim/underworld hubs but not too visible in a way that would threaten or tie us to the Star Fortress strike.  Could be a good way to bring many other factions in together and start establishing some more detailed Resistance hubs. 

I'd be all for Moderan, only partly because I helped Karmic flesh out the planet. :)  Its got a cool history, in neutral Rim space and trusted by Caben's Wraiths and some of the Jedi Underground.  My characters might be secretly concerned about putting refugees at risk by meeting too openly- but its Karmic's show and we'd support her in that.  And its entire "cover" is being a non-political place so, aside from folks not causing problems for Karmic's people, its in all governments' interest to avoid throwing political drama around.  Indeed, many of the Pubs and Imps are likely to WANT to blend in with the prvateer/underworld element and leave their affiliations vague.  No names, no uniforms, just friendly folks sharing a drink and the occasional BOOM.

Odessen has a GREAT cantina, but risk of excluding lower level folks is a big problem.  As things now stand only 1 of mine could attend til I catch up grinding.  Though the priority transport might be worth checking to be sure its out.  I'd suggest using it occasionally for specific scenes or meetings (based on turnout on a given night) maybe also could be a stand in for Moderan cantinas and resistance hubs all across the Rim, if we don't want to assume all our characters have direct contacts to the Alliance formal leadership yet (mine don't).  But not making it the only portal if that would split RP from the start. 

As for other developed Resistance hubs, my Tatooine Anarchists have established some secret fallout shelters/cave bases under Gorvan Kremmel's leadership while keeping the Greasy Hutt his front.  Have a few open world spots that could represent those caves, though less furnishings could be useful for a dramatic special event or the like.  My SH's also an option though personally I think Moderan would be better overall, happy to host occasionally, though essp if its a point we want to tie Tatooine more into story for a special meeting. 

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04/28/16, 11:43:00 PM »
0 Show voters
Glad to see some interest!

Quarasha has a base that I've already created and used here and there, so we can just use that, but I'll take a look at the possible in-game locations over the weekend (Voss as Qwenn is a good possibility...).

As for the Alliance?

Well, part of me enjoys the notion that there's not JUST the Alliance out there. They're the ones with the best shot and the most tech and connections, but there's bound to be resistances sprung up on Balmorra, Corellia, the Mandalorians are still fighting, the People's Front of Judea and the Judean People's Front of course...

I'd rather not tie the event to a single group, especially one controlled by a nebulous leader. People allied with them are certainly welcome to come, of course, Quar's job was diplomacy once upon a time, and that meant making friends with disparate groups (...well, and murderizing people who refused to play along). Basically, it'd be a much looser group, considering that, well...

Spoiler: Basic KotFE Plot stuff • show
The Alliance has had a laser-like focus on Zakuul's homeworld, and they've done little on-screen off Zakuul besides the Star Fortresses. It's a big galaxy, the Alliance can't do everything.

Oh, and agreed on the lower-tier authority. Quar would act more as a referee than a leader. If it happens at her not-Yavin stronghold, her rule would be simple: "Play nice, or you'll be thrown out. How far depends on how bad you've been, and there's a large cliff face right over there..."

Arguments and all are okay, of course, just no, you know, murder. :)
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04/28/16, 11:56:45 PM »
0 Show voters
It's a big galaxy, the Alliance can't do everything.

And, in fact, it doesn't.  Every single
part of the Star Fortress
story arc involves
teaming up with planetside resistances to disable the shield generator and raid the Fortress.

One of the best campaigns of Star Wars D6/D20 we ever did involved a group of misfits accidentally pinballing between pre-Rebel Alliance anti-Empire factions and accidentally setting up connections between them and Mon Mothma's folks.  That sort of thing seems natural to adapt...so natural they're already doing it in-game!

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04/29/16, 12:00:52 AM »
0 Show voters
General Notice of Interest™

Characters: