Shoutbox

Linked Events

• Anti-Zakuul Meeting Night: 05/04/16

Author Topic: Anti-Zakuul Meeting Night  (Read 6683 times)

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Anti-Zakuul Meeting Night
« on: 05/01/16, 11:55:55 PM »
As discussed in the Weekly Anti-Zakuul Meeting thread, it's time for the disparate rebels, revolutionaries, partisans and profiteers to come together for a weekly meeting to defeat the dastardly Zakuul Empire!

For the first few weeks, Nykell has graciously volunteered his Nar Shaddaa stronghold, Babbo the Hutt's Golden Palace. This event is open to both Imperial and Republic players, and really anyone that might come across Quarasha's broadcast would be able to come. Some notes on attendance...

1: The bit about Quarasha vetting attendees is only there as a "Zakuul agents wouldn't be able to find out the where" bit. Admittedly some contrived convenience, but it's a contrivation that's the grease in the engine of the story :).

2: Obviously, if you want to come to spy on the event for Zakuul, please, please give myself or Nykell a PM before doing so. There's going to be plenty of complications as it stands (what with Imperials and Republic peoples trying to get along), I'd like to get the event running for a bit before potential explosions pop up...

3: ...and on the note of explosions: Quarasha will be going over the ground rules a bit ICly at the event, but long story short: Please don't come for the sole purpose of murdering people. There's not going to be any force-fields or security droids coming to cleanly stop people from fighting non-lethally, I'm happy with some roughhousing and brawling and "expressing our feelings" via fists, kicks and Force-related-airway-blockages, but it isn't meant to be an RP PvP Arena...

Please let me know if you have any questions. We'll be holding it at 8:00 PM Server Time (PDT, UTC-7) on Wednesdays, so see you there and have fun!
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Zakuul Meeting Night
« Reply #1 on: 05/02/16, 12:38:09 AM »
Isn't PST GMT-8? Do you mean 7pm pacific, 8pm GMT-7 or 8 PM GMT-8?
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/02/16, 01:20:51 AM »
Isn't PST GMT-8? Do you mean 7pm pacific, 8pm GMT-7 or 8 PM GMT-8?

PST is indeed GMT-8, but PDT (and that's the server time) is GMT-7.

Daylight Savings Time: Runing everything for everyone for all time...
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/02/16, 06:20:50 AM »
Great.  Any possibility of folks gathering a little earlier some weeks?  I'm CDT so means only making the start most weeks. 

Offline Toasty McGrath

• Nykel Rooks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/02/16, 09:07:52 AM »
I'll be sure to be online all evening Wednesday in case folks want to get the party started early. There are plenty of RP rooms in the stronghold for pre-meeting and post-meeting scenes. If I'm AFK and can't send an invite, repside characters can find the stronghold in the registry as "Babbo's Marketplace Cantina." The key is also free to anyone who wants it, which would be convenient for imp characters so we don't have to rely on just one person to do impside invites.
« Last Edit: 05/02/16, 09:53:26 PM by Nykell »

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05/02/16, 09:21:27 AM »
Can it be like an hour or two earlier? Right now it's a bit late for anyone who lives further east than the server.

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/02/16, 11:35:28 AM »
Sounds cool, think I might be able to pop in and see how it goes  :grin: I've already got a great cross-faction alt (Ke'rii) that shouldn't want to start any trouble!
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05/02/16, 01:30:58 PM »
*nods* Understand Quar's part may need to be later, but if we can have it "open hours" for folks to mingle- a bit like Palace, even if scheduled presentations near the end for some of us- that would rock! 

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05/02/16, 02:14:22 PM »
Main reason I chose 8 was because previous events on that day had started at 8, and I could be fairly certain that I'd be able to be there for it (yaywork).

I could move it up a bit, and of course people could show up early and chat. Just want to know if the time is going to be a problem for others before moving it up or down or all around because graaaah reacted too fast before never ends well CHAOS CHAOS ABOUNDS.

<cough>
Character List:

Offline Ryshias

• The Dark Chorus
  • "...Keep them coming. I'll kill them all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05/02/16, 02:47:58 PM »
It's a bit to laaate ish for me, so moving it earlier will be fun :grin:

There are many ways to serve the Empire

"I'm willing to burn half the galaxy if I save the other half in the process."

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05/02/16, 03:10:46 PM »
I'm easy this week, but for the following weeks it might be better to move it up (like by an hour).  :grin:
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05/02/16, 04:02:21 PM »
Just saying, the current set time is too early for me. That's why I've rarely made Jedi night or the previous War Room, because most of the time, my rp time starts once my kids are in bed. I'm not saying this to ask you to make the event later, just to make others aware that we do have a wide population of rpers in a wide stretch of time zones.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05/02/16, 07:34:53 PM »
I can make 8 server... I can make earlier.  Two hours earlier? uhh no, that's too close to when most of the other timezones are getting home from work and need time to eat =D.

But yes, there are a wide range of timezones here so no time will be perfect for all.

And good to see there's room/expectation/time for Free RP ahead of time!

(Aww first night is on May 4...)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • And now it's found us like I have found you
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05/02/16, 07:36:03 PM »
YOU PEOPLE AND ALL YOUR TIME PLACES~ *hearty laugh*

I might be at work because GMT +10, but if I'm not I'll have a pop in and kick-start a return to the Arpees.
My drawing was not of a hat.
It was of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05/03/16, 11:10:54 AM »
I'll try to be there at 7PM, I just can't guarantee it.

Also, do remember that this is a Stronghold, so we'll need people both Imp and Pub side to do invites (hence Quarasha and Nykel being there definitely by 8 :) ).
Character List: