Shoutbox

Linked Events

Author Topic: Catch a Falling Star (Fortress)  (Read 6213 times)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Catch a Falling Star (Fortress)
« on: 05/18/16, 01:23:50 AM »
OOC:

In the bc.org chatroom, 7pm Saturday, May 28th.

Yes, you get to blow it up this time! :grin:

More IC information to come below, once it has ICly begun to be disseminated. If you aren't sure how to ICly hook your character into the attack, pm me and we'll figure it out!

IC:

The following information has been received, from a reliable source, by @Karmic :

There is a planned outage of the entire star fortress, some time in the next few days. The entire station will be offline, except for the star drive and all of its related systems, including operation, shielding and containment, all of which will be run through the Exarch's shuttle, in the hangar. The outage will last half an hour, during which time a completely new Ephemeris core will be installed and will boot up, re-installing all other systems from scratch as it comes up.

During this half hour, the star fortress will be extremely vulnerable, as all other systems will be offline, including life support. There will be skytroopers throughout, but all organic personnel will be in shuttles in the hangar. Basic life support is being maintained on the hangar with a portable generator, even though everyone is in the shuttles.

At the end of the half hour, systems will start to come back online, starting with station defenses, then life support and eventually the weapon, that the Exarch plans to point at Dancers Palace and vapourise it.

You have half an hour to make sure Dancer's Palace is not destroyed, but the star fortress is!

((See this post for the context! http://begerencolony.org/index.php?topic=4203.msg49540#msg49540))
« Last Edit: 05/28/16, 12:00:22 AM by Seraphie »

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
Re: Catch a Falling Star (Fortress)
« Reply #1 on: 05/18/16, 06:21:53 AM »
Hoping to help tie this into our Wed night meetings soon as can do so realistically. 

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/21/16, 05:07:57 PM »
Also can you clarify WHICH timezone 7 pm?  Assuming you mean yours, which is an hour behind mine and an hour ahead of server- but wanted to be sure

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/21/16, 06:14:57 PM »
Sorry, actually meant 7pm server time. Though that has a little wiggle room.

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/21/16, 06:22:09 PM »
Going to try and make it on one of my characters, although I can't confirm yet.
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

« Reply #5 on: 05/26/16, 01:43:46 PM »
Is it okay if I play as more than one character? Thyssen's got a sister who's an okay pilot, plus the ship that he flies has several NPCs that I share with a friend of mine who might also participate.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/26/16, 03:48:10 PM »
Is it okay if I play as more than one character? Thyssen's got a sister who's an okay pilot, plus the ship that he flies has several NPCs that I share with a friend of mine who might also participate.

As long as you can juggle the multiple characters, yes!

« Reply #7 on: 05/26/16, 03:54:36 PM »
Wouldn't be the first time! Alright, that's excellent! Thank you very much! :)

« Reply #8 on: 05/26/16, 04:04:43 PM »
One more question!

In the principal storyline that my characters are involved in, Thyssen is the second in command of what was once a major criminal empire called the Krayt's Jaw Cartel. They had a small fleet of ships and everything, which were often used to attack Imperial ships carrying slaves (who would then consequently be liberated). When the Eternal Empire attacked, this fleet withdrew from the public eye and went dormant. As such, it's ready to be called back into service. Not all of the ships in it are canonical Star Wars designs, mind you. In fact one of the ships (which is roughly the size of a Thranta-class Corvette) is based upon a design discovered on DeviantART; namely http://pre12.deviantart.net/5dfa/th/pre/f/2012/277/0/1/diesel_space___cruiser_concept_by_skyway-d5gssc9.jpg.

So, with all that in mind, would it be alright if this ship, or perhaps the entire fleet, helped out in the conflict? My friend who's in charge of the KJC really wants to get in on this and the community in general, and this would be a great opportunity for her to do so, if I might say so.
« Last Edit: 05/26/16, 04:06:58 PM by Thyssen Krupp »

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05/26/16, 04:15:34 PM »
One more question!

In the principal storyline that my characters are involved in, Thyssen is the second in command of what was once a major criminal empire called the Krayt's Jaw Cartel. They had a small fleet of ships and everything, which were often used to attack Imperial ships carrying slaves (who would then consequently be liberated). When the Eternal Empire attacked, this fleet withdrew from the public eye and went dormant. As such, it's ready to be called back into service. Not all of the ships in it are canonical Star Wars designs, mind you. In fact one of the ships (which is roughly the size of a Thranta-class Corvette) is based upon a design discovered on DeviantART; namely http://pre12.deviantart.net/5dfa/th/pre/f/2012/277/0/1/diesel_space___cruiser_concept_by_skyway-d5gssc9.jpg.

So, with all that in mind, would it be alright if this ship, or perhaps the entire fleet, helped out in the conflict? My friend who's in charge of the KJC really wants to get in on this and the community in general, and this would be a great opportunity for her to do so, if I might say so.

Yeah, I think that should be fine... need to figure out how I'm going to GM the space battles, but I'll figure it out. I'd suggest you have an OOC chat with @SivWysan, who may also be bringing some of The Wraiths' fleet, just for a bit of coordination, since I don't think anyone other than the two of you is planning on bringing ships for battle... are they?

You may also want to OOCly set things up to be able to pursue some IC connections with The Wraiths, and perhaps with @Karmic and her Krayt Industries, which also frees slaves in the Empire.

« Reply #10 on: 05/26/16, 04:24:54 PM »
Will do! Thank ya much!

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05/26/16, 09:26:26 PM »
Actually Min I do have a question of clarification for the event...

Are you running two simultaneous ones again - the "inside the Fortress" event and the "Space FLeet" event at the same time?

Or are you doing like last time where its an hour or so of "fleet RP getting in there" and then "main event inside the place RP" and then "getting out RP come rescue us (or whatever...)" all in one night/one chatroom?

Or...is Caben running an entirely different space fleet event some other RP night entirely? LOL...

Just trying to figure out what your general designs are :).  If we are going to stay up till 5 am again I need to make sure I take a nap!  :grin:

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05/26/16, 09:27:46 PM »
Fantastic.  Though everything is last minute for me this week- and temporarily nonexistent after monday I'll be drumming up more Wraiths RP at our Fri Guild night to drum this up too.  PMed you details, but any others in your guild would be welcome Friday too. 

Moderan, @Karmic's freed-slave port would be a great place to tie your fleets recent hidey holes/refueling into, as she is in a similar, SLIGHTLY more legal/loophole working method but doubt she would pass up any slaves from.. questionable sources needing safe harbor.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05/26/16, 09:29:44 PM »
Know we're both busy Seraphie, but on space stuff happy to voice skype or find some other time tomorrow to brainstorm some options.  In situations of this sort I mostly use BIG ships as backdrop unless their exchanges get close enough to the landing party to matter... perhaps a few situational update rolls from time to time to give each side a chance for surprising advantages/twist tactics.  But unless any of the Wraith ship Commanders want in, I'd probably just whisper you their various reactions to incorporate into the story as you see fit.
« Last Edit: 05/26/16, 09:34:29 PM by SivWysan »

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05/26/16, 09:30:57 PM »
I do like the Space System here- and for our recent Timeskip stuff have been using a slightly stripped down combination of simple "Commander" and "Crew" roles  inspired by it to handle bridge actions.  But save during the actual moments of flying into the landing pattern, prob not even that much detail needed unless you want it!.