BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

September 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Sep 27: Jedi Night: Mahara Kesh - 7:30 PM PST
Sep 27: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Jedi Night Weekly Event Thread  (Read 9763 times)

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Night Weekly Event Thread
« Reply #120 on: 06/28/18, 02:33:38 PM »
0 Show voters
Just a reminder that I am hijacking Jedi Night tonight for the All-Galaxy Combat Tournament. Meet at the Enclave, we'll leave as one big happy family to my stronghold! This will likely be a multi-week thing, but I'll get the introduction done tonight and work with people in the chatroom to progress the arc!

Uhoh!  :cry: I confess I wasn't clear that this was actually confirmed for today. I'm afraid there's a very good chance I won't make it to Jedi Night tonight, just FYI. I don't know for sure yet and will confirm later, but just a heads up. (That being said, I am 100% confident you (brave GM @Lolermelon) can steer Ms. Haughty Pants just fine if need be, or slot in her partner in crime until next time.)

As a heads up on general Jedi Night turf for tonight, I believe Custodum's fearless leaderess is still without internet and she probably won't be making it to shenanigans tonight, whether they involve bloodshed or otherwise. But hopefully I'll be proved wrong!
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 06/28/18, 02:40:23 PM »
0 Show voters
Well, today is just the intro bit. There will be chat events and other stuff in game, as I intend to get as many people involved as possible. If you can make it, good. If you can't, I'll just get in touch with you later on for your parts. :P

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 06/28/18, 03:15:12 PM »
0 Show voters
Okay, with the updates I have received, I am going to push back the beginning of this arc one more week. I'll be around on Tae to teach a lesson or two ICly, Custodum Stronghold as per usual.

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 06/28/18, 03:47:55 PM »
0 Show voters
Okay, with the updates I have received, I am going to push back the beginning of this arc one more week. I'll be around on Tae to teach a lesson or two ICly, Custodum Stronghold as per usual.

Works for me! Though in the event I played a part in breaking things I can say that plans have shifted and I can make it tonight. I might be just a few minutes late as I'll be coming back from another out-and-about thing. But next week works for me too! I'll show up at Jedi Night tonight regardless, a tad late or otherwise.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 06/28/18, 04:15:57 PM »
0 Show voters
I will be doing something fun and exciting for Jedi Night tonight and will decide what that something is going to be like ten minutes beforehand.

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 06/28/18, 04:43:38 PM »
0 Show voters
Using my data to reply here--I won't be at Jedi Night tonight, unfortunately. I was supposed to have internet yesterday, but there have been complications. I'm still trying to check my PMs, so if you need me, send me a message there!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 07/03/18, 10:04:30 PM »
0 Show voters
@Lolermelon - Are we doing Tournament stuff this Thursday (7/5)? If so, what's the dealio? Set up, or the start of actual combat? Want to make sure I have the right characters in place at the right time!

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 07/04/18, 05:16:38 AM »
0 Show voters
I would like to do some tournament stuff, yes. I am thinking just setup and maybe some exhibition matches, but the GRAND MELEE will have to wait until next week.

Offline Erednash

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 07/05/18, 06:05:12 PM »
0 Show voters
So, will this be taking place in game or in chat?

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 07/05/18, 06:14:30 PM »
0 Show voters
The intro bit will be taking place in game. I'll be starting pubside then hopping impside to collect folks!

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 07/31/18, 08:27:17 PM »
0 Show voters
I have two small adventures I would like to run for upcoming Jedi Nights. I'm tentatively reserving August 9th and 23rd, but I could just as easily do them back-to-back on the 9th and the 16th if people want a break from lolly-gagging about the enclave. (Technically I could probably run either of these this coming Jedi Night on the 2nd, even, but I know sometimes more than just two days' lead-in time is better for folks, to decide if they want to join in.)

I have no preference on which gets run first, so I'll let Jedi Night attendees decide which one interests them more to start with. I had originally planned for Scenario 2 to be a chatroom event, but things changed (namely that another multi-part adventure arc I'm planning will require some chatroom events and I didn't want to overdo it on the chatroom), so I've adjusted everything so that it can all take place in strongholds.

Scenario #1: A Night At the Museum

A new museum has opened on Manaan, with a focus on the galactic history of the last century. The museum has received high praise for its extensive and well-curated exhibits, and some have praised it for its willingness to explore controversial subjects even while others have criticized it for the same. In addition to its exhibits on worlds that have featured in recent galactic events (such as Voss, Ansion, Ilum, Oricon, and others) there is also a natural history wing, and two highlight exhibits on the galaxy's most prominent Force-using religions: the Jedi and the Sith.

A couple members of the Custodum enclave already visited the museum and reported that among its many replicas in the Force-traditions wing the museum had come into possession of some genuine artifacts which it was unknowingly displaying in the belief that they were harmless recreations - in particular a Jedi holocron, and a sarcophagus in the Sith exhibit, with the latter faulted for having caused a great deal of unease in staff and guests both. It was arranged for both of these artifacts to be removed and replaced with recreations, and that was thought to be the end of the issue - until recently.

Museum personnel have reached out to the Custodum enclave (and any other Jedi enclaves known to them) with a request for the enclave to send Jedi scholars to come and review the museum after some exhibits were updated upon receipt of new artifact shipments. A rumor has started to spread like wildfire through the museum staff that the whole place has become haunted, and anxious curators would like some Jedi authority figures to show up, investigate, and put the rumor to rest once and for all.

OOC Event Details: A Night At the Museum will take place in a personal stronghold, so cross-faction access is possible if arranged ahead of time so that I can get you a key, but keep in mind the premise of the adventure is that Jedi folks have been called in to assist. If you want to play someone who was randomly visiting the museum at the time and gets swept up in events you can certainly do so, but please keep in mind that the focus of the adventure (and thus the GM's attention) will be on taking the Jedi team through their mission, so there won't be much wiggle room to accommodate wild-cards that would run counter to that storyline (though they're more than welcome to participate in it).

Start Time and Rules: There will be no rules or rolls for this mini-adventure, just bring your characters and your imagination and your sense of team play. We'll start a little early at 7:00 PM PST, and the first half of the night will be free-form, allowing time for characters to ICly wander the museum in whatever manner they choose, as a group or otherwise. Once everyone has had the opportunity to settle into the scene, the team can begin to take steps toward investigating exhibits and artifacts of their choosing, or engaging in any other method desired to get to the bottom of the mystery.

As with most investigation stories, reveals don't happen until the end, so in the interest of time the investigation phase will begin exactly by the clock at 8:30 PM PST. Not everyone has to actively participate in the investigation phase; you can just keep RPing around the museum if you wish. But those who do want to investigate will coordinate via the Ops group channel.

Scenario #2: Mahara Kesh

The Jedi Order parted ways from the ancient Je'daii tradition more than 20,000 years ago, but with the Order's relocation to Tython after the Sacking of Coruscant younger generations of Jedi have been getting more of an education on Tythonian history than preceding generations did. Although the Ruins of Kaleth is the most famous of the ancient Je'daii sites, there have been several other Je'daii temples lost completely to the mists of time. One such was Mahara Kesh, the Temple of Healing.

But rumor has just reached the diaspora of Jedi enclaves that a team of archaeologists on Tython have located Mahara Kesh, previously lost when the floating temple sank to the bottom of the Deep Ocean. A team of Jedi scholars from around the galaxy, with the assistance of Gree-engineered devices on loan, have managed to raise the complex from its watery grave, but they soon discovered that Mahara Kesh's ancient security systems have gone quite haywire after its long time underwater. Before this temple can be restored and repurposed to serve, once again, as a place of Force healing, this time under the auspices of the Jedi Order, a team of brave souls will need to go in and make sure the complex has been fully unlocked and is safe to be wandered by Padawans, cleaning staff, and eccentrically minded scholarly types.

OOC Event Details: Mahara Kesh will take place in a personal stronghold, so cross-faction access is possible if arranged ahead of time so that I can get you a key, but for this adventure all characters ICly must be Jedi who consider themselves officially aligned with the Order, or if not Jedi themselves they need to be trusted Jedi allies. This is, after all, a Jedi led mission on Tython.   

Start Time and Rules: We'll start promptly at the normal 7:30 PM PST Jedi Night start time; you can join in late, but so long as there are least two people + the GM in attendance at start time then we're launching on schedule just to make sure we can get through the whole shebang before the night is out. There will be no rules or rolls for this mini-adventure, just bring your characters and your imagination and your sense of team play.

As a side note, when the Mahara Kesh mini-adventure is done, ICly after the temple's restoration is complete I have a stronghold set up as Mahara Kesh for public RP use at any time, so any Jedi Healer types who think they might want to make use of such a location in future RP are encouraged to attend to see to the new temple's founding!

So, if you think you'd be likely to attend these Jedi Night events, and if you have a preference for which to launch with first, let me know!
« Last Edit: 08/03/18, 01:43:56 AM by Niarra »

Offline SquigglyV

• My business, as you know, is fighting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 08/01/18, 07:15:42 AM »
0 Show voters
I am interested in both of these, especially the Mahara Kesh one! I probably wouldn't be able to stay for the whole time though, definitely not for the museum event since the investigation starts 30 minutes before midnight here lol.

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 08/01/18, 05:43:41 PM »
0 Show voters
I would enjoy either, but Dass would definitely have a stake in scenario #2. Exciting prospects!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 08/05/18, 11:47:15 PM »
0 Show voters
Ok, because I've realized I can make something for the Mahara Kesh adventure work a little better if I run it second, I'm going to go ahead and finalize the order as A Night at the Museum first and Mahara Kesh second. And because I realized the 9th is back to back with the 8th on which @Ash has an event planned, and since I know that folks lead busy lives and sometimes two weeknight RP things in the same week is too much, I'm going to bump the A Night at the Museum version of Jedi Night to the 16th. I'd rather make sure everyone has juice to do everything if their little hearts desire to!

So, A Night at the Museum tentatively on the 16th, and Mahara Kesh tentatively on the 23rd. If life interferes I might shuffle around again, but for sure my goal is to do both before August is out, and I'll be sure to confirm a few days before Jedi Night rolls around.   

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 08/06/18, 01:51:59 AM »
0 Show voters
Just a heads up @Niarra, I have a rare break from tabletop night on August 16, so if you need a hand with anything really, I'm available to help.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin: