BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

November 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Nov 15: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Nov 17: The Cron Adrift No More
Nov 22: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Organized Operations - Training and Runs for the Community  (Read 6106 times)

Offline Hannith

• View Profile
Re: Organized Operations - Training and Runs for the Community
« Reply #30 on: 05/01/17, 05:17:39 PM »
0 Show voters
Yes to all three questions.

Thank you! :)

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05/14/17, 08:30:54 PM »
0 Show voters
All righty! I've got the Discord server ready and will send that info out to people via PM, along with info on Discord set up. I'll do some posts on gearing and other readiness points too. But first another quick check: if there's anyone mentioned in this post about the final team composition for whom circumstances may have changed such that you don't think you'll be able to participate, just let me know.

I need to check with a few team members on what their work schedules permit before setting a concrete start date, but most likely we'll be looking at either June 3rd or June 10th for our first crack at the Eternity Vault operation.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05/14/17, 08:42:27 PM »
0 Show voters
Ahhhhhhhhh I'm excited!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Zaximus

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05/15/17, 02:15:52 AM »
0 Show voters
Looking forward to our first run, should be productive and fun.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05/26/17, 12:52:51 AM »
0 Show voters
Just going to mention that June 3rd would be much better for me than the 10th.

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05/30/17, 04:31:19 PM »
0 Show voters
Hey Team! ( @Dassalya@Nicohlas, @Cyone, @Elaeis, @Zaximus, @Seraphie, @Sebrik, @Hannith, @Erednash)

So I've been trying to pin down a date for our first run, and we've had a couple scheduling conflicts. (Not surprising! That's something we'll likely have to get used to and roll with. :) )

Right now, it looks like Saturday June 17th will need to be our first run. I know that won't work for some of our backup folks, but if the full primary team can make it we should be good. If this is not a good date for anyone, let me know!

I still need to send out the Discord info to all, and will also put together a post on some common raiding terminology and a few extremely basic gearing tips to get us started.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Avuras

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05/30/17, 05:41:56 PM »
0 Show voters
Before you head out on your first ops run, anyone still need a high-level Versatile hilt modification to get a head-start? I can craft up to rating 240 at this time.
Avuras (Jedi Knight)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05/30/17, 07:15:34 PM »
+1 Show voters
The date works well for me, thanks! What time?

We're doing this pub side? Thanks to a couple of very generous friends, Minnette is fully geared in 228/230 with all the right stat balance! :)

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05/30/17, 08:51:51 PM »
0 Show voters
I work Saturday, but as long as it's 6:30 PST or later I can still join!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 05/30/17, 09:01:29 PM »
0 Show voters
A start time that was suggested earlier in the conversation was 8:00 PM server time. Would that still work for folks?

Offline Zaximus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 05/30/17, 11:13:39 PM »
0 Show voters
I am good with both the day and time, thank you for organizing this Niarra, looking forward to seeing this project take off. If anyone has questions or wants to talk over anything before the raid I have done both Tanking (mostly Guardian, some Vanguard) and DPS (mostly Commando, some Gunslinger)

I can talk theory on all Tank and DPS classes as I have one of each but details on some I don't play a lot will be a little light. That being said, talking about general practices and techniques does cross discipline a bit.

Again, looking forward to the run.

Offline Cyone

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06/01/17, 09:23:38 PM »
0 Show voters
Argh. I know I'm late on this, and I apologize for that, but the 17th is not going to work for me. I just realized it will conflict with the last day of a long-planned trip with my father. In theory, it's possible I could be back home in time (since the start time is 10pm my time), but even if I am, I find it unlikely that I will have the energy or the focus to run stuff. Sorry to mess things up...

If everybody else is good to go, though, and you can find a tank to fill in, I am just fine sitting this one out if it will help keep things smooth.

Offline Elaeis

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 06/02/17, 04:44:55 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm looking forward to diving in to this with everyone.  Saturday June 17th @ 8PM works fine for me.  I am also open to start earlier in the evening as well.  I'm generally pretty flexible most evenings as long I have some advance notice.  Zax, I'm still planning on tanking so I'll be sure to ask you for some additional tips and advice between now and then.  I'm also going to get some practice in by running my tank through the Eternal Championship.  I think those arena fights serve as a great stepping stone for the kind of mechanics that are found in Operations.

« Last Edit: 06/02/17, 04:49:24 PM by Elaeis »
"It's spelled just like it sounds."

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 06/02/17, 05:07:43 PM »
0 Show voters
Honestly the Eternal Championship's mechanics are more complex than pretty much every SM and borderline HM op too, so you'll be well prepared, Elaeis.

Offline Zaximus

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 06/02/17, 06:50:55 PM »
0 Show voters
We could also run some flashpoints or uprisings with your tank, that is good practice as well.