BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 25: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Squiggly's artsy things and worldbuilding  (Read 5923 times)

Offline SquigglyV

• My business, as you know, is fighting.
    • View Profile
Re: Squiggly's artsy things and worldbuilding
« Reply #105 on: 09/17/18, 06:23:14 PM »
0 Show voters

H-411 Blaster Rifle

H-311 Heavy Blaster

H-411 CQBR w/ Launcher

The H-411 series, based on ArmaTek's civilian Z-13 Huntsman, is a family of blasters used extensively by all branches of the Republic Military. It entered limited service shortly before the start of the Great War, intended to eventually replace the aging E-1 blaster rifle, though supply shortages as well as some teething issues meant that many units never acquired them until after the Treaty of Coruscant. While they're weaker than their Imperial counterparts and have the ergonomics of a brick, the H-411 is still looked upon fondly by Republic troops for its reliability and ease of use.

The H-411 is modular and easily customizable to suit any mission's needs, with plenty of accessory kits such as SOPMOD and individual attachments like grenade launchers for troops to use. Two common variants include the heavier H-311 and the CQBR (Close Quarters Battle Receiver) carbine, the former having increased firepower to compete with Imperial DLA-13s at long range and the latter being much lighter for use in boarding actions or urban warfare.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 09/24/18, 02:14:48 PM »
0 Show voters

A Book

The holy book known as the Typicon, Chronicle, or Tasjil is one of the most widely revered religious texts in Dominion space aside from the much older Scriptures of Alessia and Scriptures of Valora. The Typicon was compiled roughly 1800 years ago to record the revelations given to Astrid Iovan, a warrior queen and champion of the goddesses who founded one of the first major interstellar Aqylan empires. Its contents were originally separate accounts from Astrid's various companions detailing the messages she received from Alessia and Valora, though these writings were later compiled into one book by a scribe known as Felicia Turei.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 10/01/18, 09:37:56 PM »
0 Show voters

Slayer Vasai Zinghu

The Order of Whispers agents known as Slayers are elite commandos trained to deal with exceptionally dangerous threats on long-duration missions. The current enemies of the Order fear them, and rightly so considering what they did to the Order's previous enemies.

Vasai Zinghu is one such Slayer, primarily specializing in professionalism and long-distance relationships. A well-travelled veteran, Vasai has fought against everything from Orrian undead to White Mantle cultists, currently using her extensive combat experience to scout the deserts of Elona for Pact forces.

Vasai's 11mm Rifle

Bolt-action rifles are a relatively recent introduction to the world of Tyria, first invented (but not widely used) in the final years of the Human-Charr conflict. While bolt-actions do provide a greatly improved rate of fire compared to older single-shot weapons, the cost of producing them and their relative unreliability means that they have yet to reach widespread adoption in even the most high-tech armies.

Vasai's Sidearm

Revolvers have grown very popular in recent years, having gone from effective but very expensive novelties to proper sidearms fit for any officer. The Pact was the first to introduce them as standard weapons in 1325 AE, and their ability to fire multiple shots in relatively quick succession has proven essential in the battlefields of Orr and Maguuma since then.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 10/02/18, 07:11:23 AM »
0 Show voters
ooh.. Karmic likes her!  Outfit and all! <3

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 10/02/18, 08:15:39 AM »
0 Show voters
She has the best outfit of all my GW2 characters. :P

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 10/02/18, 11:08:42 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm apparently in the mood for superspies lately.

Special Agent Serama Lirus

The Republic's Strategic Information Service originated as an analysis and decryption branch of the Senate Library, later expanded to serve as the Republic's primary intelligence gathering organization before the Great War. The SIS may not have as many agents and contacts as their Sith Intelligence counterparts, but they still maintain a very effective web of spies throughout the galaxy and have access to some of the Republic's finest minds.

Serama's Custom GR

The Coronet Arms GR was designed near the end of the Great War as a series of light and highly customizable blaster pistols for police forces and mercenaries. Despite being a highly capable weapon, the Republic's economic woes at the time meant that it suffered from poor sales and production was ultimately shut down after only two years. Today most surviving examples exist in the hands of spies, assassins, and spacers, valued for their reliability and relatively quiet firing sound.

This particular GR has been modified extensively over the years by SIS Agent Lirus, bearing only a vague resemblance to the original model. Among its additions are a targeting laser and flashlight, a 20mm flare or micro-grenade launcher, and a heavy duty augmented spin barrel.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 10/04/18, 05:56:52 PM »
0 Show voters

Sharif

The Dominion's civil government is fairly feudalistic, most planets are owned by aristocratic Sultanas and Satraps rather than being under direct rule from Aqyla. Nobles generally have much better privileges and opportunities than commoners due to their wealth, connections, and land ownership, with ones who own particularly valuable regions such as cities or mines often holding immense political power locally.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 10/11/18, 02:55:12 PM »
0 Show voters
I wanted to practice my Sith, and so I did! It is a pretty language. o.o

Research Notes

Living Alchemy

Subject: Jedi Knight
Species: Mirialan

Observations

Typical alteration of eye colour; corruption of pupils evident.

No significant occurrences of undesirable tissue growth.

Muscle tissue has increased in mass, tearing open skin in several spots.

Signed, Malaji

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 10/16/18, 11:10:18 PM »
0 Show voters
Dieselpunk tanks are cool and I finally got around to drawing one, it even comes with fake history lore lol.

105mm Heavy Tank M35 / M35 Meade

The M35 Meade (officially called the 105mm Heavy Tank M35) was an American tank design introduced in 1946 to supplement the medium M26 Pershing, which was believed to be an inadequate counter for German E-75s and E-100s at the time. It was one of only a few heavy tanks to ever enter service with the United States Army, serving primarily in Europe and the Middle East where its exceptional mobility (for a heavy tank) and long-range penetration could be used effectively. Small numbers were also deployed in India where its thick armour made it nearly impenetrable by most Japanese anti-tank weapons, though they struggled greatly with rough terrain and overheating after advancing into Burma.

The M35 is powered by an Allison V-1710 aircraft engine and supported on wide treads, giving it a surprisingly high top speed and low ground pressure despite weighing almost 67 tons. Its large 105mm T5E2 cannon can make short work of most enemy tanks with HVAP or APBC rounds or destroy structures with its oversized HE rounds. Two M1919s mounted coaxially and in the hull provide it with good defense against exposed infantry, while a pintle-mounted dual M2 can tear through light vehicles and even low-flying aircraft with ease.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 10/18/18, 07:00:10 PM »
0 Show voters

Mutawa

The Mutaween (also known as MPs or, more offensively, as JPs for Justiciar's Pets) are the Mantle's zealous military police branch. Within the Mantle their goal is to enforce order and religious doctrine, which also includes investigating sabotage, interrogating enemy troops, and watching over slaves alongside more standard MP duties. Outside of the Mantle they act as a secret police force of sorts, keeping an eye on nobles and ensuring that they don't scheme against the Dominion or working under Justiciars and Inquisitors to hunt religious criminals.

Mutawa troops wear white, red, and black Auspice plate armour, with the abbreviation اع (for الشرطة العسكرية or Military Police) on their right pauldron and helmet for identification. Officers wear a green beret and have special ailettes, often dressing with a cloak or cape as well.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 10/19/18, 12:57:43 PM »
0 Show voters

We beat 'em before, we'll beat 'em again!

The Sith entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Alderaan, Coruscant, Balmorra, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.