Shoutbox

Author Topic: recoveringgeek's All-Purpose Star Wars thread  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
Re: recoveringgeek's All-Purpose Star Wars thread
« Reply #15 on: 07/15/19, 05:45:35 PM »
That's some fantastic work!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
Re: recoveringgeek's All-Purpose Star Wars thread
« Reply #16 on: 01/21/20, 11:48:28 PM »
I e-mailed this to an old friend today. When Captain Jaade first came into existence during a tabletop role-playing game, it was twenty+ years ago, and this friend was there playing alongside me;

From Discover on Google https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-play-disney-parks-star-wars-app

Date: August 25, 2020 - September 2, 2020
Sector: Trilon
System: Batuu
Settlement: Black Spire Outpost

Holo-recording damaged. Analog text only. Playback incoming:

Is this thing on? Damn GONK droid. I'm going to leave you as mynock bait.

Been a long time fur face. Heard you've been hopping from one System to another all these years, chasing thrills, and credits.

Yeah, I still keep tabs on my old crew. Besides, I still got air scrubbers that stink of wet fur. That smell ain't ever coming out.

I would have left you chasing little tails around your homestead in that cesspool of a starport you settled in by the sea.

Problem is, I got a new run. See, I scored big this past season, made my employer damn happy. He even sent me on a luxury star cruiser to orbit some backwater systems. He also paid out a handsome bonus.

Now, a sensible Tramp Freighter Captain might've used that good fortune to pay off some debts, put a down payment on retirement even. I think you and I both know I ain't that sort of Captain.

So I stocked up on fuel, consumables, and even found some passengers coming along for the ride. Then I fired up the navicomputer and plotted a course for Batuu.

Yeah, yeah. That's the Outer Rim Territories you say. That's First Order marching grounds you say. That's Resistance underground you say.

That's prime opportunity to make planetfall, score some kyber crystals, and smuggle them right out from under both their noses I say.

I can see those furry ears of yours twitching from here. I got my ship, I got passengers as a cover. I need a crew.

Damnit Randan, I need you.

I need a hot shot saddle jockey whose fast on his feet and with his holster. I need a furry face to blend in with the locals, while I smile and distract the facist xenophobes.

I've already plotted my course. It's booked and locked in. I'm including with this transmission some sliced data on how to intercept local transmissions, and even slice the local droids and blast doors.

So one of two things will happen. I'll be there, you'll be elsewhere and I'll fumble my way through it. Or, I'll be there, and you'll walk through the doors of Oga's Cantina and you'll buy me a drink. I'm not paying, you see how much fuel prices are rising!?

I got a lead. There's an Ithorian by the name of Dok-Ondar. He runs an antiquities shop in Black Spire Outpost. If anyone knows where to score some kyber crystals, it'll be that mumbling giant.

That's it, that's my pitch. This GONK is about to overheat. This is Augustus Jaade. Captain of the Gozanti Cruiser, the Jaded Dream.

End transmission.

I said end transmission you rusted tool box-

Transmission terminated.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin: