BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 18: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Oct 25: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: A return (sort of) and an overdue apology  (Read 633 times)

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
A return (sort of) and an overdue apology
« on: 12/20/17, 04:55:36 PM »
0 Show voters
Begerenites, long time no see. Come, take a seat, sample the whisky, breathe in the air of change, admire the carpet. I see there's a fancy new server which is not actually Begeren Colony, and now people on the fleet have weird shit adorning their names, and the cartel market is somehow even more aggressive than it once was.

Howdy folks! I'll try and keep this brief and to the point, as I could waffle endlessly about this. Firstly, and most importantly, I'm sorry. A year and a half ago (or something, life moves quick these days), I basically vanished without a trace or a word from BC. I don't regret leaving. Life was kicking my arse and accelerating into lightspeed, my interests had waned or migrated, and frankly, the game was proving negative to my general health and productivity. Leaving was the right call at the time. What I do regret, and do apologise for more than I can convey in a forum post, is how I left. I said nothing, I left people hanging, and most frustratingly for the people in the guilds and communities I was involved in, basically halted everything by up and quitting the game while still retaining GM rights and technical oversight on the forums and such. That was a shitty thing to do, and I do wish I'd handled it differently. It's understandable if you guys are keen to cast me into the Pit of Doomô.

But, onto the brighter news. Having finished Uni for the year, embarked on a fresh tabletop adventure with some mates, and finding myself with a huge steaming lot of free time into the new year (and the nostalgia/hype that accompanies the release of a new SW film, irrespective of the film itself) I thought I'd resub for a month or so and give SWTOR the send-off I probably never did. I'll be around for a bit to dip my toes back into the game, RP and SWTOR itself inclusive. If you're keen to abuse me to my e-Face, looking to tie up plots we left hanging in the previous aeons, or just keen to play Internet Star Wars Puppets for old times sake, feel free to drop me a line on this thread, via PM or in-game.

Missed you guys. Sorry for being literally the worst.
<3

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Master of Myserty
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
Re: A return (sort of) and an overdue apology
« Reply #1 on: 12/20/17, 05:03:52 PM »
0 Show voters
Welcome back.
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Miller

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/20/17, 05:36:12 PM »
0 Show voters
Iíll expect Porkwing on the flight deck at 0í500, maggot
'It'd been a good night for Miller Turlim; he got his closure, got a nice meal, got laid, but of course, his subconscious wouldn't let him so easily escape to a state of elation.' - How did anyone ever let me post on this site.

Offline Darshendros

• Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12/20/17, 05:51:09 PM »
0 Show voters
Welcome back.

Check out this holocron I made.

:evil:

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12/20/17, 06:33:12 PM »
0 Show voters
Ayyy b0ss!
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline Taelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12/20/17, 06:37:57 PM »
0 Show voters
As a similarly returning player, I welcome you back with open arms! <3
"Who we are is determined by not only our actions and beliefs, but how we perceive ourselves and others."

Characters: Taelyn Vale (BH-IMP), Fayru (JK-REP), Tes'hi'nryu (IA-IMP), Azkirael (JK-REP), Raelyth Stryker (SW-IMP), and others.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12/20/17, 09:00:54 PM »
0 Show voters
Iíll expect Porkwing on the flight deck at 0í500, maggot

While you're at it @Hawking,  dust off your robes and find that runt of a Jedi @Miller and get caught up.

Jaade is having to defend himself against gross exaggerations of having hurt Miller.  I mean, he redirected my own shot back at me!  If anyone has a apology to make grievance to air it's me!

I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12/21/17, 02:55:25 AM »
0 Show voters
I’ll expect Porkwing on the flight deck at 0’500, maggot

While you're at it @Hawking,  dust off your robes and find that runt of a Jedi @Miller and get caught up.

Jaade is having to defend himself against gross exaggerations of having hurt Miller.  I mean, he redirected my own shot back at me!  If anyone has a apology to make grievance to air it's me!

I see the heinous injustices have continued in my absence. @Miller never sleeps, and neither does justice.

Dust off your jumpsuit, old man, we're hitting the hyperlanes.

(and thanks for the warm reception, guys, it's good to be back!)

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Master of Myserty
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12/21/17, 03:08:14 AM »
0 Show voters
Nice to see you, Hawk-man. Now get back into that damn pit. You haven't suffered enough. :P I kid, I kid.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows