BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Linked Events

Author Topic: The Race through Roche - Conclusion  (Read 1206 times)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
The Race through Roche - Conclusion
« on: 04/09/18, 08:28:54 PM »
0 Show voters
They say if you sit the chair long enough, you learn there is no such thing as good luck, or bad luck.

Just Spacer's Luck.

Do everything right, plan the run to the smallest detail, and you still blow your hyperdrive upon re-entry. Spacer's Luck.

Make it up as you go along, catch every stray blaster bolt or turbolaser aimed your way, and still land with a profit. Spacer's Luck.

Despite long odds, defying all common sense, and enduring dangerous flying conditions, Captains Pehn Qardaak and Augustus Jaade have miraculously managed to land their ships at Slayn Colony, a Verpine trading and mining stronghold inside the infamous Roche Asteroid Field. Not only did the Captains manage to survive the flight, they even made landing with their cargo (mostly) intact.

To the frustration of odds makers across the Sector, they also managed to set down at practically the same time, within the margin for error. Now with ship hulls (and tempers) smoking, the matter of who is the fastest must be settled by tie-breaker. Count the credits, and place new bets, because the fastest Spacer is also usually the one who throws the fastest jab...

Out-of-Character:

• Date: (Lucky) Friday April 13, 2018

Important: With the blessing of @Seraphie, we are preempting the normal Friday Night Dancer's Palace cantina night, so more of the community can participate. Bring your usual Friday night plots, preening, and pedantry...

The cantina on Odessen with its' rock walls is a fantastic visual stand-in for an asteroid colony. Odessen is dual-faction, accessible by all players who have access to Knights of the Fallen Empire. We will be using the back-half of the cantina, which is well spaced, contains several decorated side chambers, and even has a stage for anyone wanting to bring out their performers and get some much needed use of their Sing and Holo-Instrument Emotes.

@blingdenston and @recoveringgeek will be co-GMing again, so please message us if you want to jump into the mix regarding the conclusion of the infamous Race through Roche.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
Re: The Race through Roche - Conclusion
« Reply #1 on: 04/10/18, 08:58:28 AM »
0 Show voters
I'm in - though I don't know how smart this is going to be... having Karmic watch Pehn in a fight...  :rage: :aww: :nuu: :darkside:

She may close her eyes.  (HA like that will help...)

BTW - Same start time as Palace night?  I'm figuring so just checkin!

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/10/18, 11:14:26 AM »
0 Show voters

Normally 9:00PM P.S.T.?

Can more players attend if we start an hour earlier?
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/10/18, 02:00:02 PM »
0 Show voters

Yes, normal start time for DP is 9 PST time.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04/10/18, 07:00:34 PM »
0 Show voters
While I appreciate the date change. I'm going to have to scramble to get a character that might actually be there high enough in level to actually show up.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04/12/18, 02:49:32 PM »
0 Show voters
Nevermind - cancelled signup.

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04/12/18, 06:34:00 PM »
0 Show voters
Arrrg, it's in game. I won't be at my house :(
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04/13/18, 09:19:11 AM »
0 Show voters
This sounds awesome, but the late start time may be essp tough if I go to a training Sat.  I'm a maybe (prob caben), but appreciate seeing more stuff like this! 

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04/13/18, 09:20:49 AM »
0 Show voters
Also just to verify, most of the US is on PDT now, not PST.  Assuming that still in place since the sites timezones are lined up with that, but wanted to be sure for folks out of country

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04/13/18, 12:32:48 PM »
0 Show voters
This sounds awesome, but the late start time may be essp tough if I go to a training Sat.  I'm a maybe (prob caben), but appreciate seeing more stuff like this!

It seems Friday night cantina always has a late start, however I did ask this week if anyone wanted to request an earlier start time?

Anything @blingdenston and I can do to mingle the cantina crowd with those interested in seeing the conclusion of the race we're happy to do.

We're using our personal event as a way to provide new and different public events for our community.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04/13/18, 05:37:21 PM »
0 Show voters
I got my character her ship so I will be there if I'm not too tired.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04/13/18, 07:19:55 PM »
0 Show voters
I cleared my schedule tomorrow for other reasons so don't worry about coming early for me.  Might plug to Wraiths in case our few actives want to join Caben if that's ok. 

Trying to stay in some touch after a few weeks completely AWOL, be nice to see folks even if I crash a bit early. :) 

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04/13/18, 07:27:28 PM »
0 Show voters
nevermind - misunderstood question :)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04/14/18, 12:38:06 AM »
0 Show voters
The Race through Roche - Conclusion concluded in a tie!

Both freighters arrived at Slayn Mining Colony within the same time stamp of the chronometer. So it was down to freight and fortunes. Pehn and Jaade hooked up with a sleazy Arcona Fixer who was prepared to buy their shipments As-Is, no refunds. Through some fast-talking, badly translated cargo transfer manifests, and two pilots too focused on their rivalry than their reward, the Arcona left them each with several thousand credits... in Sith Empire scrip!

With the a haul a bust there was only one tie-breaker left. Spacer rules. The two pilots engaged in a back and forth bar brawl involving stage microphones, automaton bartenders, and a couple of bottles broken on each one's head. After giving as good as he got, Jaade succumbed to Pehn's cybernetically-enhanced combat reflexes, leaving the Pehn the final victor!

No sooner had Pehn celebrated his win, then he too collapsed, and the second brawl of the night broke out when Verpine security droids came to arrest both men, and a few roguish allies stepped in to intercede. The night ended with Taelios wreaking havoc on the mining colony cantina while both men were secreted away to their respective ships, and to freedom!

The race is over, but like all good Spacer's Tales, the legend of it grows every time someone new recalls their version of it...
« Last Edit: 04/14/18, 12:54:18 AM by recoveringgeek »