BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

September 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Sep 20: Jedi Night: Mahara Kesh - 7:30 PM PST
Sep 20: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Dancer's Palace Aurevoir  (Read 671 times)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Dancer's Palace Aurevoir
« on: 05/20/18, 01:37:36 PM »
+5 Show voters
I have decided that it's time for me to shut down the weekly Dancer's Palace event. June 1st will be the last evening of Dancer's Palace.

I put some of what I'm struggling with in the roll call thread, but it comes down to the following reasons.

- It is feeling more like a chore I must do on Friday evenings than relaxing, enjoyable rp.
- Given that I'm not feeling like giving SWTOR much time or energy, it's taking the little I have and I'm not getting any other SWTOR rp in.
- My frustrations with the behaviour of some community members are making me jittery at times at Dancer's Palace, worried about who might show up and who I might then have to deal with.
- I have always prided myself on being as inclusive and diplomatic as my hosts at DP, but lately, I've been feeling more and more that there are people I just don't want to see there.

Roleplay is an activity that requires a great deal of trust, as we put our creative selves out there and trust other people with the characters we have crafted. While the number of people I am truly frustrated with and want nothing to do with is very small, the number of people I really trust to rp with is smaller than it used to be, and I'm finding that difficult to juggle with my DP responsibilities.

So, I think it's time for me to let go of it and move on.

Please note that ICly, Dancer's Palace will still be open 24-7. This is why there will not be any kind of finale event, it will simply be OOCly closed after June 1st.

There are a few community members, whom I trust to respect the venue, with whom I will be leaving silver keys to be able to open it up when they want to use it for plot or character developments. After June 1st, I will be revoking the other keys.

I am not leaving the community. I'm hoping to get back to running more stories, bit by bit. I will also still be around to take requests to book it for an event (so yes, weddings there are still possible) or to open it up for a particular evening.

I don't want to ask someone else to take over this event, as it's an event I've crafted over the years and I would not want to see the venue changed. If someone else wants to take over running a Friday night social event, I want them to be able to craft that event into their own event, not feel constrained to keep it my event. If someone else is interested in setting up for a new Friday night event, I will be happy to assist them with opening up the stronghold they want to use and decorating it. @Kyiore has already expressed some interest in this possibility, and I'm already giving him some decorating help. If anyone else is also interested, send me a pm! Honestly, having a group of hosts, or a host guild would make maintaining a weekly event much easier.

I want to express my deep gratitude to those who have helped me host over the years.
- Anaris, my first rp partner;
- @Alumar, @Wymarc, @Colton and the other members of SmugCo who were Stell's first business partners;
- @Imazi who brought non-organic rp to the forefront and influenced the evolution of how non-organic staff were treated at Dancer's Palace;
- @Karmic, my longest standing co-host, who has been through thick and thin with me in the running of it, ICly and OOCly, for many years now, and always been there to support me in this endeavour;
- @Sebrik, my most recent rp partner, with whom I'm pursuing rp in other places now, and my best, best friend forever.

I also want to express my deep gratitude to all those who have attended Dancer's Palace over the years, who have welcomed others at it, have been regulars or surprise guests, who have used it for plot developments and who have let it change their characters and their characters' stories. Through three barges and a sky palace, from proposals, to weddings, to a baby arriving ahead of schedule, to mourning the dead, Dancer's Palace will always have a special place in my heart and in my own growth as an rper and a member of this community.

Offline Wymarc

• View Profile
Re: Dancer's Palace Aurevoir
« Reply #1 on: 05/20/18, 02:20:11 PM »
0 Show voters
<3
Jedi Master Telline - The Master of Shadows
Initiate Karia Zent - The Rising Hero
Aurena Durane - The Rogue Reporter

Offline starschwar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/20/18, 03:24:50 PM »
0 Show voters
I adored palace nights.  Haven't been able to attend for along while due to health issues - staying up late just isn't an option for me nowadays.  Thank you for all the good times.  I hope the palace or a similar locale can continue in spirit into the future.  Either way, best wishes to you in all future endeavors.

Offline Sindee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/21/18, 10:46:47 AM »
0 Show voters
I'm stunned but I understand. It's been a terrific end-of-week experience for me for a number of years. Words really can't express the joy a virtual dance gives me when my RL body is full of arthritis. Thank you for providing such a wonderful place to experience the intrigue and drama of cross-platform RP!

Seraphie, you've seen my NS SH... Come over soon? I'm not going to stop dancing.

-Sindee

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/21/18, 07:19:48 PM »
0 Show voters
Thanks for letting me be a part @Seraphie. :grin: :aww:

I enjoyed my time as C9 at the palace and we all had some good laughs. I wish you many fun RPs and much success in your future endeavors.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05/21/18, 08:11:35 PM »
+1 Show voters
I admit I have not been to Palace in a long time, but it's sad that events have led it to end with a whimper rather than a bang. All this Tea-Drinking Sith Organic (thanks C9) can say is thanks for the memories.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Online SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/23/18, 08:58:44 AM »
+1 Show voters
Know I've shared my sentiments in several other Waze already, but Caben Dancing  Organic and all the rest of my crazy family of characters will never forget the place this venue and it's Proprietors hold in their hearts. Know you are loved and this event will be missed but look forward to seeing your creativity Unleashed in new ways upon the universe.

Offline Elaeis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05/23/18, 11:44:55 PM »
0 Show voters
Thank you, Seraphie.

My sincere appreciation goes out to you and all those who helped support Dancer's Palace throughout the years.  I find it nothing short of incredible that it lasted for so long and wouldn't be surprised if it set the record for longest running weekly RP event in SWTOR's history.    :cheer: :write:  :cheer:

"It's spelled just like it sounds."

Offline Ash

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05/24/18, 07:18:38 PM »
0 Show voters
Thanks for all the time and effort into making DP a nice little hub for rp to unfold in! Hate to see the event go but we all understand! Thanks for all the time and effort you put into it! <3
Pub side characters: Ash'ette, Shaan Lix

Imp side characters: Shaan-Lix, Jannet, Priestess Mava

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05/27/18, 12:21:12 PM »
+4 Show voters
Truthfully, I don't think cantina RP has ever really been my thing.  Before I left SWTOR for good, I was coming up with new character ideas almost daily, creating them in what was probably some desperate attempt at enjoying SWTOR again, and enjoying my time at cantina RP events such as DP. 

But I respect DP and how long you've hosted DP/barge, Seraphie.  I remember the earlier days, 2013ish (ballparking here) when there was easily 30+ people at barge night.  The community together in Raidcall chatting and joking and running their events like fight night alongside the barge.  Guilds intertwining and creating new plots or friends.  Clan Bes'uliik, Smuggler's Coalition, Moraie, etc.  Friday nights brought us all together and strengthened our community.

Even now as SWTOR's numbers dwindle, and BC as a community slowly gets smaller and smaller, DP still has its consistent patrons.  6 years.  6 years of every Friday and your event still brings people in.  That's a hell of a run.

And while I pulled away from SWTOR and from DP, I still owe your event something tremendous.  After a two year hiatus from the game I came back and took my characters to the Palace.  One night, Seb kicked a jukebox and got a talking to from Minnette-Hostess-At-The-Time.  That led to RP, to real life friends, to best friends, and to now my girlfriend.  Coming back, attending DP, and having Seb kick that jukebox was one of the best decisions I've made in my life.  Maybe even the best. 

DP has been one hell of a wingman.  I'll salute to that o7