BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

July 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jul 19: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jul 19: A Dread Mind
Jul 20: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Linked Events

Author Topic: A Dread Mind  (Read 141 times)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
A Dread Mind
« on: 06/30/18, 04:58:16 PM »
0 Show voters

Ziost

• Date: Thursday July 19, 2018
  • Time: 6:00PM P.S.T. (start time can be flexible upon request)
  • Timeline: Current, 3630 BBY, seven years since the Invasion of Ziost (spoiler warning)
Prelude: A Dread Mind

This Event is being held on the traditional Jedi Night Event time slot, however it is open to Jedi and Sith characters alike. Other Force-Sensitive characters may also attend, please post a reply with your character request. Non-Force Sensitive characters can also attend, however I am requesting they have a meaningful connection to one of the attending Jedi or Sith characters. (eg. Personal assistant, personal pilot, security, spouse) 

Story hook: Two weak distress beacons broadcasting on Republic/Sith channels have been picked up, and traced back to Ziost. The signals are old Jedi/Sith distress codes, not used in decades. Despite its' coordinates within the Sith Empire, Ziost is a barren world, avoided by most space traffic, and even the Republic and the Sith Empire have long since abandoned any survey sites, due to the inhospitable climate, terrain, and the surviving Sith Monoliths that still stalk the ash-filled plains.

The Republic cannot risk sending a sizable rescue mission, and the Sith Empire remains too fractured to coordinate any meaningful effort utilizing large fleet ships. Small task forces of volunteers are all they can muster on what could just be a ghost signal bouncing across the Galaxy.

Out-of-Character: It is important that characters have completed the Ziost storyline in-game, as the game world is now devoid of mobs. It is perfect for exploration and role-play, with the potential for occasional Player-vs.-Environment.

As with many of my prior Events, I will permit Player-vs.-Player scenes, if the players involved find consensual dance partners prior to the start of the Event. PvP is not a focus of this Event, however character conflict will remain a core theme, so put on your role-play shoes.

Choose an outfit suitable for a barren, ash-strewn world haunted by the echoes of a dying world, yet remarkably, still maintains a strong connection to the Force.

I Disappear
- Metallica

Do you bury when I'm gone?
Do you teach me while I'm here?
Just as soon as I belong,
then it's time I disappear
« Last Edit: 06/30/18, 05:00:41 PM by recoveringgeek »
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Erednash

• View Profile
Re: A Dread Mind
« Reply #1 on: 06/30/18, 05:20:19 PM »
0 Show voters
This... this has potential... I'll see if I can show up.

Offline SquigglyV

• We'll fight and we'll conquer again and again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/30/18, 06:49:29 PM »
0 Show voters
This sounds super interesting and i'd love to come, i'll have to see if I can actually decide on a character to bring tho lol. If i'm not busy or sick or something, which I have no idea of yet, i'll be there!

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07/12/18, 11:41:19 AM »
0 Show voters
"It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
- Thon, Tchuukthai Jedi Master

Guardians of the Whills Suite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqcXAPejbj0

Just a reminder there is one week remaining for anyone wanting to sign up for A Dread Mind Event next week. If you are on the fence about attending, or don't think your character has a strong enough hook, please post a reply or reach out to one of your fellow players who have already signed up.

The active community size has dwindled rapidly. These Events are becoming fewer and fewer in number and participation. Join me in exploring the nature of the Force one more time...
« Last Edit: 07/12/18, 11:43:23 AM by recoveringgeek »
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07/12/18, 02:21:01 PM »
0 Show voters
Drat- I've been stuck from doing Ziost II due to glitches on Chiss boss and quest credit, but will see if i can manage.  Can only bring caben, but I may dress his Chiss as Maerin and say both came.  Makes sense with his fleet active on the Rim border worlds and her keeping watch at Adega base.

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07/15/18, 02:28:15 PM »
0 Show voters
I am still torn trying to decide who to bring to this. Do I bring the person who might make working with the other faction easier and has a cool head for danger? Or do I bring someone who will absolutely make it harder to work with the other faction and processes things in a way almost certain to make things more complicated? (I mean, I know what the devil on my shoulder says, but still... )

I know for most interesting makeup I ought to just bring a Sith... but I don't have enough Sith characters I'm genuinely invested in, and we get events like this so rarely now that I can't help wanting to bring the Jedi out to play... argh, decisions decisions...

... screw it, I'm bringing the psycho pyro pink pig-tailed horror...
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook