BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

August 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Aug 16: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Aug 16: Jedi Night: A Night at the Museum - 7:00 PM PST

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Poll

Would you be interested in participating in any of the following rp?

In game rp events, open world, relating to a slaver op.
9 (17%)
In game rp events, in strongholds, relating to a slaver op.
11 (20.8%)
Chatroom rp events relating to a slaver op.
8 (15.1%)
Play by post threads on the forums relating to a slaver op.
6 (11.3%)
In game rp events, open world or in strongholds, continuing the Keys of Iokath arc.
7 (13.2%)
Chatroom rp events continuing the Keys of Iokath arc.
5 (9.4%)
Posting mission results to a thread on the forums continuing the Keys of Iokath arc.
4 (7.5%)
I don't see myself taking part in either of these storylines but would like the chance for social rp with those who do.
3 (5.7%)
None of these rp options interest me or I don't have time for any of this right now.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Polling interest  (Read 157 times)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Polling interest
« on: 07/29/18, 08:31:09 PM »
0 Show voters
So...I have some rp ideas. Yay!

WARNING! I do have a limit to the time I'm willing and able to commit to leading rp though, so these ideas may stretch out over many months.

None of them are a lot of fun alone though.

So, I'm putting up a poll to gauge interest in each of these ideas, with a bit of a description below.

I've given permission for each user to vote up to 8 times, so you can hopefully indicate everything that interests you. I didn't allow 9 votes because I assume that if you're selecting one of the first 8, you aren't selecting the last one and if you're selecting the last one you aren't selecting one of the first 8.

Feel free to add more specific comments in this thread!

Slaver operation arc:
Spoiler: show
More details will come if there is interest, but this would stretch over many months, could stretch over the next year, depending upon who's interest in what and what choices the characters make in the events. I have ideas for a number of events, some that could be held in open world, most if not all that could be held in strongholds. Any of the events could also possibly be held in the chatroom. It would also be possible to run some portions of the story through play by post threads on the forums. My ideas for this arc provide hooks for any class.

Keys of Iokath:
Spoiler: show
This is an arc I started more than a year ago and haven't touched in more than a year, but I'd be willing to finish it off if there's interest.

The premise is that the original Iokathians, when they created all their machines and networks created it with a distributed net - each piece of information, energy, anything travelling around Iokath can follow multiple paths between any point A and point B, no two consecutive pieces of information follow the same path and there is no discernible pattern to the selection of paths - and they created a key, a program that started it all off and determined the pattern of paths, like the seed of a random number generator. Having this key would allow a person or organisation to calculate the pattern of those paths, thereby making it much easier to potentially hack the Iokath systems and take control of at least some of them. He who controls the key controls the information. However, seeing their own end coming at the hands of the machines they had themselves created, they broke the key-program into five pieces and hid them, usually with traps and puzzles that only flesh and blood would be able to get through, in order to keep them out of the hands of the machines, in the hope that one day one of their descendants would be able to use it to regain control of Iokath.

So far, the Empire has gained control of one of these pieces and the Republic has gained control of one of these pieces (previous events: http://begerencolony.org/index.php?topic=4909.msg55625#msg55625 , http://begerencolony.org/index.php?topic=4796.msg54311#msg54311 ). Three pieces remain to be found.

I also have a spin-off of the original Keys of Iokath arc which I gave to a specific group and if they're game, others may potentially be brought into that spin-off arc as well.

My original plan was to run three more events in game, usually in my strongholds, for the remaining three key pieces and then possibly one more event to finish resolving who has what and does what with it. I could also run a thread of related missions on the forums similar to a previous format used for Jedi missions - I would post a list of avenues of pursuit, anyone wanting to claim one would pm me with information about their character related to the mission they want to claim, I would pm them back what they would get out of their mission and they would then post to that thread either a description of the mission as rp, or a mission report.

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
Re: Polling interest
« Reply #1 on: 07/29/18, 09:53:26 PM »
+1 Show voters
You can just call me...the Keymaster.

Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07/30/18, 07:07:10 PM »
0 Show voters
I don't want to select "None of these rp options interest me or I don't have time for any of this right now." because it  is just a matter of time not interest. The events sound really interesting, but I am eyeballs deep in learning how to do my job. Pretty soon the busy season will hit. Things probably won't wind down until next year, for me.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07/31/18, 08:43:39 AM »
0 Show voters
What Captain worth the chair thinks so small @blingdenston? One door, one key?

I also have a spin-off of the original Keys of Iokath arc which I gave to a specific group and if they're game, others may potentially be brought into that spin-off arc as well.

Whomever it is that holds those original keys, imagine the doors they can open...

I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Sindee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07/31/18, 12:09:10 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm interested! It's a matter of weekly time scheduling, but it sounds fun to me.

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07/31/18, 04:35:08 PM »
0 Show voters
*sneaks in, almost ghost-like*
Always wanted to see what more was coming with the Iolath keys..... :from:
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection