BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

November 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Nov 22: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: RP Terminal Announcement  (Read 436 times)

Offline Zaximus

• View Profile
RP Terminal Announcement
« on: 09/05/18, 09:58:57 PM »
0 Show voters
If you caught the livestream today there was a comment that they are looking to put in a terminal that would allow you to change your character model in your stronghold to different variations such as a republic trooper or a hutt for role playing purposes. No real details but something that will hit this year.
« Last Edit: 09/06/18, 01:19:56 AM by Zaximus »

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
Re: RP Terminal Announcement
« Reply #1 on: 09/05/18, 10:28:14 PM »
0 Show voters
They called it a Holo Disguise Terminal. It is not confirmed to launch in Release 5.9.3. If we use the Appearance Editor as a guide, will there be;

• A Cartel Coin cost?
  • A Credit cost?
  • A Subscription requirement?
  • A Time Limit?
  • A Faction Restriction?
  • Will it allow you to change your weapon appearance regardless of Class?
  • Can you save "disguises" or is it a one-time use - at a cost - every time?
  • Will it be a ridiculous hologram image of the "disguise", instead of a fully-realized character avatar?

I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline SquigglyV

• My business, as you know, is fighting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/05/18, 11:11:33 PM »
0 Show voters
I imagine Bioware will screw this disguise thingy up massively by adding a paywall or something, but I bet there's some other stuff coming with it that they just haven't mentioned yet. So maybe we'll see something else that's actually useful!

Of course, i'm not sure why they'd mention a weird hologram disguise feature in strongholds over something that roleplayers have actually been wanting for ages like being able to go into old story instances. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence. :/

Did they actually say it was for RP purposes or is that just an assumption? Because if it's the former they must be pretty damn desperate lol, now that we're almost the only ones left playing they actually start to acknowledge our existence. Would have been nice if they did that a few years ago.

Offline Zaximus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/06/18, 01:15:37 AM »
0 Show voters
If memory serves it was specifically mentioned as an RP feature.

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09/06/18, 05:44:08 AM »
0 Show voters
They called it a Holo Disguise Terminal. It is not confirmed to launch in Release 5.9.3. If we use the Appearance Editor as a guide, will there be;

• A Cartel Coin cost?
  • A Credit cost?
  • A Subscription requirement?
  • A Time Limit?
  • A Faction Restriction?
  • Will it allow you to change your weapon appearance regardless of Class?
  • Can you save "disguises" or is it a one-time use - at a cost - every time?
  • Will it be a ridiculous hologram image of the "disguise", instead of a fully-realized character avatar?

My guess would be CC cost if you're not a sub, and credit cost if you are. Still might be kinda fun though.

Did they say it would only work when you're in a stronghold?
@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

| Alexandra ~ 70 Sage | Meagan ~ 70 Sharpshooter | Medley ~ 70 Sentinel | Sariyah ~ 70 Shadow | Evany ~ 70 Vanguard |

&>~~~ (UNGUILDED) IMPERIALS ~~~<&

| Inivera ~ 70 Marauder | Aubrey Anna ~ 70 Operative | Julan ~ 70 Bounty Hunter | Maladous ~ 70 Sorcerer |

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09/06/18, 02:39:15 PM »
0 Show voters
That could be a nice feature although I would have liked RP instances of mission maps more.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Zaximus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09/06/18, 06:36:51 PM »
0 Show voters
That is what I remember, a stronghold item that would only work in the stronghold instance. Still, the fact they mentioned Hutt as one of the potential options makes it feel like there will be some interesting customizations.

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09/07/18, 07:23:51 AM »
0 Show voters
Thanks @Zaximus! There's a pretty good summary in the SWTOR Reddit sub that seems to confirm it's stronghold-only. Which thank God. Because no Hutts slithering around the Fleet.

All I want to know is when can I be a Jawa. Or an Ortolan.
@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

| Alexandra ~ 70 Sage | Meagan ~ 70 Sharpshooter | Medley ~ 70 Sentinel | Sariyah ~ 70 Shadow | Evany ~ 70 Vanguard |

&>~~~ (UNGUILDED) IMPERIALS ~~~<&

| Inivera ~ 70 Marauder | Aubrey Anna ~ 70 Operative | Julan ~ 70 Bounty Hunter | Maladous ~ 70 Sorcerer |

Offline Zaximus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09/07/18, 08:25:53 PM »
0 Show voters
I would hope for many things like that, many set piece characters to be used for individual stories or sessions.

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09/08/18, 12:04:13 AM »
+2 Show voters
Thank you, Zaximus, for bringing this to everyone's attention! It's very rare the devs overtly do anything geared for the RP community, so this is nice to hear. I went ahead and watched the livestream and below is a direct quote on the subject:

"We've got cool new decorations, I believe we're calling them Holo Disguise decorations, or Disguise Terminals. They essentially let you change the overall appearance of your character to look like something completely different. I don't think I can talk about what kinds of things those definitely are, but that can include fairly straight forward stuff like Republic Soldier, Imperial Agent kind of looks, to much more outlandish stuff like making yourself look like a Hutt or astromech droid or those kinds of things. We'll have more specifics on that when that actually comes out, but it's aiming for 5.9.3 I believe. <snip> That would be limited to your stronghold, but intended for RPers to use to broaden their options."

Additionally, there are some changes coming to guild management that I think will be nice for RP guilds too. There's the heraldry of course, but more significantly there's some changes about "guild inspection" where guild leaders can set up info that will be viewable by other people "inspecting" your guild. I'm assuming that would happen by inspecting individual players. They didn't give many details, but it sounds like at minimum it would be a way to tag yourself as part of an RP guild. This might be especially nice for people stumbling across open world RP (and incentivize us to do more of that), because they wouldn't have to interrupt things in order to inspect and get more info. I'm definitely looking forward to that tool.
« Last Edit: 09/08/18, 12:11:57 AM by Niarra »
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook