BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

September 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Sep 20: Jedi Night, Gathering on Tython - 7:30 PM PDT
Sep 27: Jedi Night: Mahara Kesh - 7:30 PM PST
Sep 27: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Indie Night Revival?  (Read 94 times)

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
Indie Night Revival?
« on: 09/14/18, 07:12:24 AM »
0 Show voters
Hello Lovelies,

@Noth championed a pretty cool initiative in the Spring, which was dedicating an event each week for just random drop-in RP, with the predictability of a set location and time. I made it out to a few, but then summer came and it seems everyone's schedule and playtime went kasplodey and interest waned.

Do you all think reviving this would be a good way to bring all of us together again? There have been times in the past few weeks when I've been completely GSF'd/quested/storied out, and have wandered around to the various cantinas and public spots looking for random RP, and seem to always come up empty :( This might be an awesome way to stimulate conversation, and hopefully an increase in server cohesion and participation.

So...your thoughts are very much appreciated! I think the key questions are:

- what day(s) and times would be best? We could always have it one night to start, and perhaps expand it to one weeknight + a weekend time if we have buckets of interest
- my thought is to keep it open-world, to maybe pick up some strays. Any thoughts on locations(s)?

Let me know what you think!
| Alexandra 70 Sage | Meagan 70 Sharpshooter | Medley 70 Sentinel | Sariyah 70 Shadow |

@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

Offline Biavi

• welcome to altaholics anonymous. i'm your host.
    • View Profile
Re: Indie Night Revival?
« Reply #1 on: 09/14/18, 08:40:33 AM »
0 Show voters
I've been to indie night before and I thought it was pretty fun! As for myself, my schedule kinda sucks because college is a full time job for me. The best times for me are on the weekends (i.e. Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Do what's best for others and not necessarily what works for me in particular.

As far as locations go, Rishi's cantina is great, although expansion locked, and Nar Shaddaa's cantina is excellent because cross-faction shenanigans. (Voss isn't half bad either, especailly since some people treat it as though it's...Kwenn?) I'm trying to think of non-cantina locations and am currently coming up empty.
icon art by snuffysbox on tumblr

Impside:
Biavi: jerkface, bounty hunter
Ileyn/Lord Osso: paranoid tech nerd Sith
Pubside:
Niwava: older padawan; fun past
Omyara: smuggler; jokester

Offline Ash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/16/18, 09:06:43 PM »
0 Show voters
I would love to see a indie night revival since rp has been pretty much dead, for me, on Shaan. I know I did a poll awhile back and, if you're interested in times, saturday evening seemed to be when most people were available to rp. Hope that helps!
Pub side characters: Ash'ette, Shaan Lix

Imp side characters: Shaan-Lix, Jannet, Priestess Mava

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/17/18, 04:39:05 AM »
0 Show voters
Thanks so much for the input, @Biavi and @Ash! That actually works out super well - it'll give us a regular weeknight event (Jedi Night) and a fun weekend one.

I'm going to pop in a standing event for Saturday evenings...just need to come up with a fun theme...will work on that today!
| Alexandra 70 Sage | Meagan 70 Sharpshooter | Medley 70 Sentinel | Sariyah 70 Shadow |

@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09/19/18, 10:08:18 AM »
0 Show voters
 my schedule is still hella stressful but I can plug Saturday to my guild. it would be nice to see something again.

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09/19/18, 02:00:45 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm not always available Saturday nights, but I'll do what I can to attend when I am!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera