BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 25: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: The Next Time I'm In Town  (Read 119 times)

Offline Cyone

• View Profile
The Next Time I'm In Town
« on: 09/27/18, 12:13:21 PM »
0 Show voters
So I haven't been around, and out of the respect and affection I've had—and still have—for this community I just want to acknowledge that. Particularly for anyone whom I've interacted with most recently and for all the folks I'm sure I told things to that I've since forgotten and not made good on, etc. On its own that would not warrant a post, even though previously I had been making a concerted effort to do just the opposite and become more involved around here and stimulate activity as much as I possibly could, because like many I'm sure I miss "the good old days." What I feel does merit dropping a line, though, is that I don't plan on that changing any time soon.

I'm not "leaving" because, in as concise a way as I can think to put it I just don't know if that really happens the way saying so implies. Furthermore, as I've said in other places around here in semi-recent times, I plan on sticking around in some capacity until the lights go off. Heck, I'm even still subbed, though that's largely because if I want to do pretty much anything in the game at all now I have to be. Thanks for that, BioWare.

Anyhow I wanted to keep this short (which it already isn't) and I swear I'm not trying to be "that guy" and kick up dust but I just felt obligated to put something up saying I'm sorta moving on, and it feels like a little more than perhaps the Absentee thread accounts for. In recent months I've just felt cast adrift, looking for a place to do the things I used to enjoy so much here in TOR and SWG before that, and I can no longer ignore that—much as I have tried to make it so—that place just isn't here anymore. Not for me, at least not right now.

I feel bad, in a way, to say what I'm saying now, because of all the wonderful folks around here who I've shared so much with and who have shared so much with me, given me so much of their time and energy, shared their stories and passions. I wish I felt I could still give the commitment that all deserves, and that I feel I ought to give with everything I have put into this community over the years. I've made investments in this community and game in every sense, and it's hard to accept that the bulk of any return on those is largely behind me. I've never been the most prominent or public name in this neck of the internet woods and that suits me fine, and I've honestly done this before and just not said anything, but this time with the general state of things I wanted to.

So that's how it is. If anyone is so inclined I'll continue to try and make myself reachable as always, though I admit I don't come checking this site very often anymore so if you want to grab my attention a PM or a different platform (Discord or Steam or such) will likely be required, but don't hesitate to do so. There just doesn't feel like a place for me here on the regular the way I once felt there was, and I'm finally going to let it be.

P.S. For any interested parties, I've actually dusted off the old beta ESO account and been having fun tromping around there. I see some opportunity and a glint of life and hope there for what I've been missing, so I'm going to go after it. If any of you fine folk end up there too, feel free to look me up @TheBarbarian. Cheers.
« Last Edit: 09/27/18, 12:16:49 PM by Cyone »

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Time I'm In Town
« Reply #1 on: 09/27/18, 03:31:44 PM »
0 Show voters
Seraphie and I are in ESO. I'm sure we'll bump into each other there.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/27/18, 03:39:30 PM »
+1 Show voters
Karmic is as well *waves* be happy to hear from ya!

I believe there is @Koriani

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/27/18, 04:27:08 PM »
0 Show voters
*hugs* Cyone

I understand.

Offline Elaeis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09/27/18, 07:53:13 PM »
0 Show voters
Sorry to hear you're going on sabbatical, Cyone, but I like that you are still keeping your foot in the door. It would be nice to see you active again in the future. Should you ever have a change of heart or a random jolt of inspiration, remember that my little storyline will be around if you can manage to find a satisfying way to fit into the slot. 
"It's spelled just like it sounds."