BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

December 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Dec 13: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Dec 20: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: *SPOILER-ISH* 5.10 Details & Discussion  (Read 587 times)

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
*SPOILER-ISH* 5.10 Details & Discussion
« on: 10/11/18, 04:57:28 PM »
+1 Show voters
(While not really true spoilers, this and links below have some "-ish", so those who don't want to know anything about 5.10 turn away now...)

Spoiler: show
Dulfy's Wrap-Up on the Reddits:

https://old.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/9ne672/patch_510_developer_livestream_coverage/

Not going to get into the mechanics of new gear and other stuff, but some observations from a story perspective:

• MAYBE Negative: The Ossus colony has been around for five or so years, and it's where many Jedi retreated to hide away, reflect, and rebuild the order; Shrodinger's Cat is, apparently alive and well: what about Tython? Is this Ossus a separate Jedi faction or is Tython to be considered "BTEE" (Before the Eternal Empire)?
  • SUPER Positive: If, like me, you had Republic characters side with the Empire (or vice versa, if that was your thing), you're going to be given the option to either become a LOYALIST with your original faction (turning back from your choice on Iokath) or...become a SABOTEUR! You won't be able to completely switch factions, but the choice you make (which happens near the beginning of the story) will have DRAMATIC impact not only on 5.10, but also on 6.0 once it's released. This sounds like so much fun...
  • NEUTRALish: Regarding Alliance Alerts and romances, I've only finished all of them on Medley because tedious. BUT, you're going to be given the option, when you start the Ossus storyline, to autocomplete all previous content. The mechanics are basically, if you're Republic the game assumes you make predominantly light-side choices, and for Empire opposite. With that said, if you haven't completed alerts for characters with some of the more fun stories (Gus), you'll need to do so prior to launching Ossus.
  • AWESOME: You will now be able to have same-sex relationships with companions! No specifics were given, but Charles said that Nadia and Jaesa (both dark and light-side) will all be romance-able for all players. No male same-sex relationships will be available at the start.
  • NOT AS FUN: With the three above, as well as Khem, you will only be able to have them as companions if you are from their original companion class (in the case of the above, Knight, Warrior, Consular). This is different from Quinn, Dorne, etc.
  • TBD: Musco described 5.10 as the "spark" that will set off a renewed war between the Republic and Empire, which will erupt in 6.0. But he didn't mention what would happen to the Alliance. Does it fold? There's not much reason for it to exist, aside from ideology.
  • IN HONOUR...of @TrickyNick87, who used to be our resident expert and keeper of all things Imperial lore, Darth Malora, who is leading the Imperial assault on Ossus, is confirmed as a member of the Dark Council and the new Minister of Science (a position that Darth Acina used to hold) head of the Sphere of Biotic Science.

I have to say, I'm actually super excited about all of this :)

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 10/12/18, 05:02:59 AM by Ela »
@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

| Alexandra ~ 70 Sage | Meagan ~ 70 Sharpshooter | Medley ~ 70 Sentinel | Sariyah ~ 70 Shadow | Evany ~ 70 Vanguard |

&>~~~ (UNGUILDED) IMPERIALS ~~~<&

| Inivera ~ 70 Marauder | Aubrey Anna ~ 70 Operative | Julan ~ 70 Bounty Hunter | Maladous ~ 70 Sorcerer |

Offline Zaximus

• View Profile
Re: *SPOILER-ISH* 5.10 Details & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 10/11/18, 08:28:18 PM »
0 Show voters
Good recap, here are some links if you want more details or want to watch the videos of the livestream.

Dulfy Notes: http://dulfy.net/2018/10/11/swtor-patch-5-10-developer-livestream-notes-coverage/
Livestream Part 1: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/321336314
Livestream Part 2: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/321364862

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/11/18, 09:10:33 PM »
0 Show voters
Thanks for the shoutout, Ela.  I totally miss the naval forces of Imperial Wild Space Command engaging Song Squadron in GSF matches. :P

I'm very stoked about the upcoming Game Update and developments regarding Imperial lore.  There are two items of interest to Imperial RPers:

I. Darth Malora.  Apprentice Malora was encountered by Sith Warrior / Sith Inquisitor players on Korriban.  If player's chose to reveal to her master, Lord Renning, that she conspired to thwart his research, Renning commented that he would eventually release her from his service (presumably by death) after a period of torture and suffering for her betrayal.  Lord Renning later appeared in the Shadow of Revan expansion, and was killed on Korriban during the Revanite-conspired Republic invasion.

For years, I'd always assumed Renning got around to killing Malora at some point, but that appears to have not been the case.  I hope we will learn much more about her background from the time since we last saw her on Korriban.  Charles Boyed confirmed she now sits on the Dark Council as head of the Sphere of Biotic Science (BTW, Acina was previously head of the Sphere of Technology).

I think it is absolutely brilliant that Bioware elected to resurrect an old character like this for the update.

II. Alien Integration into the Empire.  Another Imperial lore item of interest is the continuing advancement of alien species in the Empire.  For those of you that have taken a look at the decorations in the upcoming Imperial Personnel Decorations Bundle, you'll notice there are a handful of alien species in prominent Imperial positions, the most noteworthy being a Chiss Sith Intelligence Keeper and a Zabrak Imperial Army general.  Additionally, one of the new characters appearing in 5.10 is the Twi'lek Major Anri, a Special Forces commando officer.

Clearly, since the time of Malgus' defection and the implementation of the Alien Initiatives around the time of the Makeb crisis, alien species have continued to climb the social ladder in the Sith Empire.  This will make for some interesting RP opportunities going forward.
« Last Edit: 10/11/18, 09:12:42 PM by TrickyNick87 »

Online SquigglyV

• gayest sith everô
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/11/18, 09:42:27 PM »
0 Show voters
You will now be able to have same-sex relationships with companions!

Wow, only seven years late. I'm less excited that it's finally a thing and more disappointed that it took them this long to add something which should have been part of the game at release in 2011.

A lot of other neat stuff tho! Don't see anything particularly interesting for RP if i'm being honest, aside from the fact that the new gear will be Bind on Equip which might be good for fashion maybe if it looks nice. And the guild stuff looks useful even if we don't get heraldry quite yet.

Offline Zaximus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/11/18, 11:24:56 PM »
0 Show voters
There is some potential for some RP in the custom PvP element.

PvP Challenges (Arena, WZ, GSF)
Minimum of 2v2, maximum dictated by game type

You can now take groups into the PvP areas and not be bothered by others if you wanted to do something in an arena, warzone, or even GSF.

Unfortunately the Guild Heraldry did not make it to Patch 5.10 but it is still happening

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/12/18, 05:01:13 AM »
0 Show voters
Thanks for the shoutout, Ela.  I totally miss the naval forces of Imperial Wild Space Command engaging Song Squadron in GSF matches. :P

I miss it too :/ I was flying with and against @Elaeis last night (the former is *much* less anxiety-inducing), as well as yapping with "It" on Fleet chat ( @Niarra should remember who "It" is....ehehehe Jan...), and I do miss the BC days when us RPers pretty much dominated space!

I'm very stoked about the upcoming Game Update and developments regarding Imperial lore.  There are two items of interest to Imperial RPers:

I. Darth Malora.  Apprentice Malora was encountered by Sith Warrior / Sith Inquisitor players on Korriban.  If player's chose to reveal to her master, Lord Renning, that she conspired to thwart his research, Renning commented that he would eventually release her from his service (presumably by death) after a period of torture and suffering for her betrayal.  Lord Renning later appeared in the Shadow of Revan expansion, and was killed on Korriban during the Revanite-conspired Republic invasion.

For years, I'd always assumed Renning got around to killing Malora at some point, but that appears to have not been the case.  I hope we will learn much more about her background from the time since we last saw her on Korriban.  Charles Boyed confirmed she now sits on the Dark Council as head of the Sphere of Biotic Science (BTW, Acina was previously head of the Sphere of Technology).

See? No one can properly fill in for you. Which means come back. :rage: (Corrected in original post...)

I think it is absolutely brilliant that Bioware elected to resurrect an old character like this for the update.

So agreed. It makes the overall galaxy feel so much more integrated and whole when characters we met waaaaaay back in the day are brought back into the story. I have to say I much prefer it to the introduction of new characters, though I realize that there are issues with VO talent that might make old story characters unavailable.
« Last Edit: 10/12/18, 05:03:40 AM by Ela »
@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

| Alexandra ~ 70 Sage | Meagan ~ 70 Sharpshooter | Medley ~ 70 Sentinel | Sariyah ~ 70 Shadow | Evany ~ 70 Vanguard |

&>~~~ (UNGUILDED) IMPERIALS ~~~<&

| Inivera ~ 70 Marauder | Aubrey Anna ~ 70 Operative | Julan ~ 70 Bounty Hunter | Maladous ~ 70 Sorcerer |