BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Linked Events

• BC RP Night - Dromund Kaas: 01/02/13

• Signups have closed

Author Topic: BC RP Night - Dromund Kaas  (Read 2221 times)

Sciran

BC RP Night - Dromund Kaas
« on: 12/24/12, 05:04:22 PM »
0 Show voters
So, in an effort to hit two birds with one stone, and to take some initiative, Ilireth Necare will be calling and hosting an "Empire Address" (Yeah, dunno what to call it, either) next Wednesday night, much of the same time that Kwenn night used to be. An "Empire" theme will give all of the Sith a reason to congregate without breaking IC - AND give any in's/out's for Agents to sink their teeth into Imperial dealings. Bounty Hunters, by there nature, seem to get the raw end of this stick, but it won't be hard to include anyone that wants to participate. Also, holding it on Wednesday allows anyone who wants to play both parties to do so.

My theory for the "Empire Night" is as follows:
Takes place on Dromund Kaas, in the center of the city (the location divots under two bridges, has water all 'round, right between the legacy vendors and the flightpath for the Citadel. Will post the coordinates when I have them). Imp folks get together and gather whenever y'all wish, and there'd be free-form RP and whatnot. At 8pm server time the actual structured portion of the event would take place, following Iaera's example slightly - and that'd last roughly an hour or two or however long the topics carry. After, return to your freeform RP until folks disperse.
I'd say this is a fairly accurate description of how the Jedi nights go, as well.

In one of the previous Round Table discussions, the idea of a Empire-Side gathering RP night was strongly advocated for, and the above quotes were what I had responded with. I had originally said I wouldn't be able to do anything until after the first - and since that time is rapidly approaching it's time I keep up with my promises.

Ilireth Necare, as the head of the Reclamation, will be hosting the first Dromund Kaas night on Jan. 2nd at 8pm server time. As the quoted portion states, feel free to show up anytime before then and stay after, that is simply the stated time of Ilireth's address. This is much an experiment, similar to the forming of Jedi night, and its success will be determined entirely by the outcome and participation of those who attend. If goes well, this is something I will host and carry in an effort to generate more Empire-Side RP.

At this first night, Ilireth will be addressing any and all folks of the Empire as a whole who deign to show, who care about the state of our Empire, on topics that concern the Empire. My hope is that this generates a new RP Night for Empire-side to be Empire, and a place that the Empire Faction can promote cross-guild RP and general In-Character-Ness. I'd like to foster this gathering into a place where Mando's, Sith, Agents, Imperial Citizens, and Empire-lenient Freelancers alike might find something worth pursuing.

Given the level of interest I've seen in this event springing up, I've gone ahead and listed it as a regular event on the calendar - on the hope that this experiment is a success.

Sionn

Re: BC RP Night - Dromund Kaas
« Reply #1 on: 12/24/12, 05:10:12 PM »
0 Show voters
I'll be showing up.. crazy and all. Seems like this would be a fun thing to help bring the Imperial side a bit closer together and I promise not to be too crazy in character.

Offline Zuhani

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/24/12, 08:03:59 PM »
0 Show voters
Oh yay, an event Zuhani would actually be at  :aww: I'll try to be there!

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12/24/12, 08:04:38 PM »
0 Show voters
Wed. are hit or miss for me and SWTOR time - But if I can get into game at any point in the evening I will poke around to see if peeps are still on DK and show up!

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Aiden Baail

« Reply #4 on: 12/27/12, 08:10:07 AM »
0 Show voters
I'll bring Gestalt as a peace keeper, since he works in whatever passes as DKPD in the Star Wars universe.

Maybe he'll even get to arrest someone XD.

Offline Evia

• Don't make me choose for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01/01/13, 02:55:05 AM »
0 Show voters
I've been looking forward to seeing more RP spring up on the Empire side and it's slowly getting there. I'll try to make it sounds like fun ^^ (I'm only new to the website, but I've been RPing in game for a while now, if slow and not much...)
Characters:
Avidea Snocami - 50 Gunslinger  Valiance Monroe - 50 Sorcerer
Berdine Cyant - 37 Guardian       Tra'ee Naldin - 29 Powertech
Vopain Nox - 32 Commando        Eviscerina Eviscer - 21 Marauder
Shaii Gospin - 1 Consular           "Kip" KP'X - 24 Operative

Sciran

« Reply #6 on: 01/31/13, 04:45:25 PM »
0 Show voters
This event has evolved, as we predicted it would... So it's time I updated this to reflect how things have grown.

The location for this event has been shifted to the far south-east building of the Kaas City map (COORDS 50, 275) - the crew skill trainer area. This is to represent the estate that has been offered for the meeting, a section of the Necare estate that has been dedicated to Kaas and Empire nobility and politics. This means that the assumed location is open to anyone, at any time, whether it be Kaas Night or not.

The location with the trainers was selected both for its size (there's a non-trainer empty building next to it, but that is considerably smaller) and to help represent the fact that there are servants catering to guests and food is always provided. The idea is to hopefully provide the feeling that this is a high-end big to-do with the Empire.

With that, the style of the meet has changed slightly as well. Rather than it being a soap-box for those who have projects to project seminar-speaker-style, it has shifted to more of a Greek/Roman-Forum-Style where folks congregate and network to find opportunities, with keynote speakers addressing the whole of the attendees when there are projects of import they wish to present to the Empire as a whole.

This stylistic change has thus far appeared to encourage interactivity between guilds and also has seen opportunity for new characters, guilds, and concepts to launch themselves into the Empire community. This is an event designed entirely to promote RP and progressive networking, and I believe everyone can find a reason to be a part.

IN CHARACTER, all prominent members of the Empire and Her allies (read: all PC's) would receive an invitation to this event. Whether you are a mandalorian looking to be hired on to military projects, an Imperial-Friendly spacer looking to find trade work, a soldier in need of an army, Sith in pursuit of a piece of power, or a socialite looking to strut in front of the Empire's most wealthy... You can find that kind of RP here.

... Almost like a job fair or a con's vendor room - but for RP.

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04/22/13, 04:26:12 PM »
0 Show voters
Kaas Night talks!

Do you have a cause celebre you'd like to discuss? Have something to say about your vision for The Empire? Would you like to give a TED talk to your fellows in the Empire on the latest and greatest in technology, policy or current events? Do you wish to have a debate on Slavery? Bring it! A seminar on infiltration tactics (and how to counter them!) Speak up! A debriefing recap on that pirate/republic base you wiped off the map? This is the place!

Kaas night needs you!

We'd like for Kaas night to move back from being pure networking into a more discussion based event. What will we be discussing? That is up to you! The pilot for this event change was Semah's excellent discussion on Diplomacy.

Suggest your topic here, or volunteer to lead a discussion!

(Apologies for not getting this up earlier but what with Makeb and the crazy work schedule I haven't been able to coordinate as I would like.)

Offline Kezie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04/22/13, 05:19:56 PM »
0 Show voters
If I can I would like to bring up a topic of alliances . Also have something else in mind if that is okay?
May the force serve us well!!!

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04/22/13, 05:25:12 PM »
0 Show voters
:D excellent! And yeah! people can certainly speak more than once :)

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05/28/13, 06:42:00 PM »
0 Show voters
ATTENTION PEOPLE!!!

For the next two weeks (starting tomorrow night), Empire Night will be held on VAIKEN (the Imperial Fleet).

Due to a scheduling conflict, the estate used for DK is unavailable. Invitations have gone out to interested parties to attend the weekly gathering at a different venue, Vaiken Spacedock.

The topic of discussion for this week will be on the various military forces the Empire has at their disposal (i.e. the Army and Navy), and discussing the deployment and leadership thereof. Imperial officers and Sith Commanders are encouraged to attend to spread their knowledge and expertise. Drinks and catering will be provided in the cantina area.

((There are a LOT of people who are Rping on fleet recently who have no idea about the community we've got going on here. We're also beginning to see some folks transferring over from the aussie servers and folks who are new and or returning with Makeb.  I know many of us have a great disdain for fleet RP because it is "bad"... so let's do something to recruit for the whole of the community and try to change fleet rp into something better by being there and doing it.

I also think that on another evening, we should all descend on the rep side fleet for something similar, but that's a whole other conversation some of us have been having recently :)

Also, also, I would love for further suggestions for topics of discussion! ))
« Last Edit: 05/28/13, 06:45:10 PM by Aylaa »

Offline Berym

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05/28/13, 07:39:11 PM »
0 Show voters
How the devil does a location get a "scheduling conflict"?

Offline Semah

• The sand remembers where the river was.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05/28/13, 08:05:01 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm both excited and horrified (thanks for an accurate description, Livia) by the prospect of having this on the fleet. It could be an interesting topic, with lots of different opinions on deployment, command, etc.

But... the fleet.

It's a bold move, and I suggest that we be prepared to both deflect challenges without submitting to RP fights IC and /ignore trolls OOC. Hope I can show up for a bit.

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05/28/13, 08:11:02 PM »
0 Show voters

that's the IC excuse. the location is ICly Aylaa's House's estate on Kaas. Her father is using it those evenings for some sort of PR related thing. Aylaa is using the weekly gathering as an excuse not to attend herself.

OOC I just wanted to move it for a few weeks to do some community recruitment.

Offline Berym

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05/28/13, 08:22:58 PM »
0 Show voters

that's the IC excuse. the location is ICly Aylaa's House's estate on Kaas. Her father is using it those evenings for some sort of PR related thing. Aylaa is using the weekly gathering as an excuse not to attend herself.

OOC I just wanted to move it for a few weeks to do some community recruitment.

Ahhhh... well that makes sense :)