BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

September 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Sep 20: Jedi Night, Gathering on Tython - 7:30 PM PDT
Sep 27: Jedi Night: Mahara Kesh - 7:30 PM PST
Sep 27: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: The Rumor Mill  (Read 31717 times)

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
Re: The Rumor Mill
« Reply #240 on: 09/29/17, 05:41:10 PM »
The following news story aired on a local channel on Iridonia, but was pulled soon after. Enterprising slicers and people with their ear to the ground, however, can recover the data.... (This is an open hook for RP for Imps or Pubs both! Query away if your character could gain access to this and would be interested in pursuing it.)

AJMAGNI KEYVA NATEL JATHEN KOSTA EL'TIRA I'JHERE! <<SITH DUELS FORCE-USERS IN LOCAL TOWN!>>      JHEREN VYSHTALEN BE'NARIT RES'AJMAGNI! <<ZABRAK ARMY CAPTURES THE SITH!>>

"Shoppers in the sleepy town of Tira'Osh found themselves in the middle of a conflict between three Force users during a duel in front of the local cantina. According to witnesses, a Human woman—identified only as a Sith—spent some time drifting through the town's market square before being confronted. The two others, a local Sang and an unidentified Zabrak, confronted the woman, leading to sabres drawn. We bring you footage of that moment now."

Blurry footage, from an unhelpful angle, just barely shows three figures: an imposing Zabrak man in brown leathers holding a metal zhaboka and his back to the camera, a slim, hooded, Human female with a red-black lightsaber, and a ruddy-skinned Zabrak with a white sabre whose jato are obscured. They appear to be in standoff. When they do start moving, the jostling camera and the blur of the lightsabers makes it difficult to discern the action.

"Townspeople gathered in the local hall while the fight occurred. The conflict ended when a ship carrying members of the Zabrak Army landed in the market square, surrounded the combatants, and arrested the Sith. Neither the Sang nor the remaining Force user could be located afterwards for questioning. The Sith is still believed to be in custody."
« Last Edit: 09/29/17, 05:43:32 PM by Noth »
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 10/20/17, 02:30:09 PM »
Within his sanctum in the Palace of the Eternal Ocean on IC-711, Darth Malagant watched the news report from Shadren with a hint of curiosity. Metheius had given up his little pretense of fighting on the front line and gone back to play governor again, which gave him one less thing to worry about. At least now he could reside in a house worthy of a Sith without being judged...not in public, anyway.

Now Shadren was back in the news. Rumors had begun to circulate...this back-and-forthing of Dorian and Vedriat as the "lord of the dead", and Dorian huddling his fleet around his capital, made Malagant think that perhaps the so-called kingdom was not the powerhouse it made itself out to be. Like Insomnius, the Shadren usurpers thought their bravado could hide their true weakness. It made him wonder if there could be a weakness he could exploit...

He tapped his commlink. "Commander."

"Yes, my lord."

"Get me Cipher Five-Seven. I have a job for her."
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 10/21/17, 12:35:29 PM »
Heard in the Slippery Slopes Cantina, Nar Shaddaa...

"You're not gonna believe this."

"What?"

"Saw a man in a fancy-pants Imperial uniform and a jacked-up face head up to the Dancer's Palace on a speeder from the Imp spaceport...it was him, man. The Butcher of the Sobrikarill Valley."

"You're right. I don't believe you."

"What? I'm serious!"

"Oh, come off it, bud. The Butcher is dead. Everyone knows that Jedi killed him on Tatooine. They made a big whoop about it on the HoloNet, for kriff's sake."

"It was him, I tell you! The smug look in his remaining eye, that face...so much like that psycho Sith brother of his."

"And you could see him while he was flying in a speeder. Right. I know you're still hurtin' from those days - hell, which one of us isn't? - but you're not gonna do yourself any favors by chasin' ghosts."

"But --"

"But nothing. He's dead. You're flashing back again - hush up now and have a drink. Put those nightmares to bed."

"...okay."
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Ryshias

• The Dark Chorus
  • "...Keep them coming. I'll kill them all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 10/21/17, 09:13:53 PM »
Heard in the Eye of Mortis' low bridge bar, officer's lounge...

"What is it? Why the pale face?"

"Is Lord Haar...he..."

"What?"

"He woke up at the middle of the operation...the surgeons were struggling to reattach his arm...they didn't know what to do..."

"What did he do?"

"He cut his arm off...and killed the medical team."

"All of them?"

"All of them."

"That's a sour mood to woke up, but that's not the reason you're pale, is it?"

"No...someone called...someone important, we're being redeployed..."

"Where?"

"Dromund Kaas."

"Why would we go to Dromund Kaas?"

"Because we are have a court martial to attend to. Haar v Empire."

"Holy..."

There are many ways to serve the Empire

"I'm willing to burn half the galaxy if I save the other half in the process."

Offline Ryshias

• The Dark Chorus
  • "...Keep them coming. I'll kill them all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 01/09/18, 03:33:18 PM »
Public in the darkest forums of the Holonet, the recording of the Dromund Fels Prison gathered plenty of attention. Massive megathreads and discussions were had around the truth of the statement made by the Sith Lord. A public livestream is shown to those who could not access it through slicing or unconventional methods.

The image of Darth Haar, surrounded by troops, and and in front of a mob of Sith Lords, Imperial Officers and Moffs,
 and a Sith Inquisitor appears. A small grim smile in Darth Haar's face is visible as takes out an holocommunicator them, while states: "...this changes everything." After typing several codes into the small device, the enhanced image of a space station, grey, thin, with bone-like appendixes and almost finished decks, flickers to life in front of them. Some of the faces among the mob seem shocked, while others are confused, one of them, the Inquisitors, continues to gaze upon Haar.

Haar begins to talk again: "A Sun Razer station, nicknamed the Iron Dragon, in late construction stages and almost fully functional, left in a proper sun to be capitalized. It was to be the punch the Empire needed to knockout the Republic, but it was left to collect dust and rot away. Why?, would you all ask? Because of politics, and backstabbing, assassinations and genocides. Planets occupied and rooms exploded. The charges you trial me with? This is the reason of them. This is why the Council, and it's Emperor, killed your friends and loved ones, this is why I was the their arm of terror and murder. I did not know why until later on, when the Council crumbled and Acina raised to the throne, I was able to scour the Galaxy, seeking the answers to my deeds and actions. When I found out the truth, I was put shackles and tried to be silence forever, old plans and directives to old agents who no longer had a Master to serve, yet they still obeyed their orders from the tomb. So, I placed my own plans in motion, and I finally was ready to strike back. Now, esteemed patriots, will you execute me, and ruin the only chance for the Empire's survival, leave it to be gone and forgotten? Or will you seek to be the head of this new age for the Sith Empire, where we leave the old plans, backstabbing, and mockery of politics aside, and unite in one single front to rule this Galaxy once and for all? The decision is yours.

After Haar finished, he turns his back on them, and getting on his knee, surrenders. Imperial troops surround him and arrest him, while the Inquisitor, seemingly wary of the troops at first, approaches slowly. The holorecording ends.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

"I'm willing to burn half the galaxy if I save the other half in the process."

Online blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 01/20/18, 05:48:20 AM »
Bad Dreams on Tatooine

Overheard in watering-holes and shady places on Tatooine...

"You hear about that 'space weather' thing awhile back? Yeah, the one messing up everyone's commlink and sparking lightning storms across the Great Chott flats. Anyway, I heard that people have been having messed-up dreams and visions ever since it started. Like, bad hoodoo, up and down..."

For the sensitives, dreamers, and visionaries trying to sleep on Tatooine...

DARKNESS

AGELESS

HUNGRY

LONELY

THE SUN!

ECLIPSED!

THE CORONA, BRIGHT!

THE MOUTH!

THE MAW!

THE HUNGER!

THE MAW!

Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 03/21/18, 09:47:38 PM »
A previously sealed archive wing in the Temple ruins on Coruscant seems to be seeing some activity again. Traditionally restricted to only Jedi Masters, those Masters with access will notice that the wing is being slowly restored, piece by piece, as if someone is coming in odd hours to do small amounts of work at a time. Fallen datastacks are put back in place, rubble cleared, and systems slowly come back online over time.

At the center of this archive is a medium-sized cairn made from fallen chunks of mortar and stone. Upon and around it, small candles and bowls of incense may be found, their wicks burned down and traces of fragrance still in the air. This small memorial grows even as the wing itself is restored.

In a perhaps unrelated event, Senate and Jedi records show that newly appointed Jedi Master Bren Akket has been given recent clearance to the area.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Online blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 03/29/18, 12:47:28 AM »
Overheard on the way to the bookie's palace on Geonosis...

"I hearrrrr tell that some famoussssss jokerssss are planning to throw down near the buggy rocksssss?"

"The Roche asteroid field. One-Eye Pehn is karked. He talked himself into a lightfight he's not gonna walk away from intact, this time. Old Man Jaade has been spacing since they decommissioned the last hyperspace cannons."

"Ehhh, what about Qarrrdaaak's speed and ship? They sssssay he's a fast drawwww, and that he flew that fishy-fish ship preeettttty good during the warrrr..."

"Fast draw's meaningless behind the wheel, and that ship's got nothing on the Jaded Dream. That's the boat that raided the Republic prison on Jabiim...they say that when he was on ice during the Eternal War, his spirit haunted the bloody hulk and made it stalk the stars looking for profit."

"Thaaaattt sounds like puuuuuuure legendry. There'sssss no such thing as ghossssts!"

"I never said ghost! I said spirit. That's what Augie Jaade has: the unadulterated spirit of a shark. That nerve-burned popinjay Pehn Qardaak has all the character of a Miraluka soap-holo. I'm putting three slips of aurodium foil on Jaade...to win."

"Hsssssss. I sssssuppossse I could let my hatchlingsssss sssurvive on the runtsss for a week, bet this weeeekkk'sss pay on the Jaded Dream?"

"Disgusting. That said, I can't WAIT to see that big-mouth cyborg get munched alive by Captain Jaade!"

Place your bets...
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 03/29/18, 01:16:48 AM »

"I'm telling you straight up this time. The Old Man finally shot off his mouth one too many times and Pehn Qardaak is gonna make him eat his words."

"What words? The Old Man is all Akk pup bark and no bite. Wait, he's not here, is he?"

"You two really are as stupid as you look, and that's saying something if you've ever met my Brother-in-Law."

"You aren't listening! Old Man Jaade challenged Qardaak to a race! They're hauling freight through the Roche Asteroid Field. Winner takes all!"

"Roche? Now I know you're drunk. There's nothing in Roche but spinning hard rocks, just like the rocks inside Jaade's head."

"How old is his ship? Is he even flying anymore?"

"They're hauling through Roche at top speed. Pehn Qardaak has the fastest ship in the Sector, he's flying a cutting-edge Calamarian bird."

"Maybe the race is underwater?"

"Yeah, and the Jaded Dream will sink to the bottom of the ocean. Not even the Old Man's hot air will bring him back to the surface."

"Listen you fools, I know an odds-man on the Commerce deck who is taking bets right now."

"Bets? Wait, what odds? If I could bet against Jaade and recover my losses this season, that'd be a damn fine turn."

"I wonder if there is an asteroid in Roche hard enough to crack open his hull. They say the Old Man is so hard-headed he's made of durasteel."

"That's the wrong Spacer. Pehn Qardaak has got a tune-up. That's why he's so fast. Fast hands, fast ship, fast money boys."

"How much you got on you right now?"

"Well, I'm supposed to use this credstik to buy parts for the loadlif- "

"Forget the damn labor droids, you want to be rich? Let's go bet on Pehn."

"Maybe we'll see the Jaded Dream on auction after, at a steep discount."

"You can buy it as a tug for the bulk cruisers. That's about as fast as he's going to move anyway."

"Wait, wait, I still got the long range transceiver running in the landing bay. If they are on the comms while flying, I can bounce off the relay near Roche and pick up their chatter."

"Pay the damn tab and let's move!"
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin: